Chapter 22

I was sitting in the lab after Bruce took some blood and Nat was sitting next me getting checked out.

"Nat I am so sorry." I said and she shook her head.

"I'm fine Andie." Nat said and reached for my hand and I took her hand and she gave me a reassuring squeeze. Clint came rushing in the lab. Steve was sitting next to and Bucky was with Nat.

"What the hell happened?!" Clint asked and I sighed.

"We don't know, we are running some test." I said.

"But she body slammed me over her shoulder." Nat added and I pulled my knees up to my chest and placed my forehead on my knees.

"Nat come on....she feels bad enough do you have to keep saying that?" Steve asked rubbing his hand up and down my back.

"It's true! It's what happened! I'm fine but it was pretty amazing. I mean with the right training...." Nat said.
"No! I will not become an Avenger." I said keeping my forehead on my knees.

"Guys can we just figure out what is going on before we start making future plans?" Bucky asked and I just sighed and turned my head to look at Steve and he gave me a small smile.
"I love you." Steve whispered and I gave a small smile. The little gesture made me feel a little calmer.

"Bruce, can I leave now?" I asked and he sighed.

"Yeah, I will let you now when your results come back." Bruce said and I got up and Bruce's system started going off.

"Or we get them right now." Bruce said.
"That was fast." Clint said.

"Well I ran it against a couple other blood types looking for similarities and it hit fast." Bruce said.

"Who did you run it against?" I asked and he looked at Bucky and then to Steve.

"No....not possible!" I said and Bucky shook his head.

"It's possible doll." Bucky said coming over to me.

"I would remember being injected." I said annoyed.

"It could have been one of the times you were out." Bucky said as my eyes filled with tears.

"What are you saying exactly Bruce?" Clint asked.

"It seems Andie has a low-grade variation of the super solider serum. She has the speed and strength. I noticed she didn't have the rapid heeling so that isn't part of it. They just wanted her to be able to fight." Bruce said.

"So I'm a super solider?" I asked and Bruce sighed with a nod.

"I guess the best way to see it is you are half a super solider." Bruce said and I groaned shaking my head. I got off the examination table and left the lab. Steve went to follow and Clint stopped him.

"Let her deal with this." Clint said.

"Not alone." Steve said as him and Bucky followed. They went looking and found me back in the work out room punching a punching bag quickly and repeatedly. As I punched I hit the bag super hard and it flew off the hook and went flying across the room.

"I did that once." Steve said and I sighed.

"Can't you both just leave me alone for 2 seconds?!" I asked pissed off.

"We can't do that doll, we should talk this through." Bucky said.

"If anyone is going to understand princess it's us." Steve added.

"I don't want this, I never did! I wanted to be Miranda Morse. Laura's sister. Never thought I had a chance with Captain America, never thought I would be kidnapped to fight Bucky Barnes, never thought I would be living at the Avengers compound and now I'm a form of a damn super solider." I said as some tears started to flow down my cheeks. Steve and Bucky came over and both wrapped me in a hug. I sighed.

"I just want to punch something. I'm more frustrated this was done to me." I said as we all broke apart.

"Spar with me." Steve said and I looked at him.

"No!" I said.

"Come on, you cant hurt me." Steve said and Bucky sighed.

"Why not me? I have spared with her before." Bucky said and Steve sighed.

"Right, I want to do this." Steve said and I groaned.

"Fine, get in the ring but if you want to spar don't take it easy on me because we are dating but also remember I don't have super-fast healing. I said and Steve laughed.

"I got it warrior princess." Steve said and smiled. We got in the ring and I took a deep breath relaxing. I heard Bucky yell go and I approached Steve and he went to grabbed me but I moved out of the way fast enough and I grabbed his arm spinning him out into the ropes and he came back fast and I dropped him by grabbing him around the waist. He jumped up and we started punching, I blocked everyone and I connected a couple in his side and stomach.

"OKAY DONE!" Steve yelled. I noticed her was somewhat doubled over in pain.

"Fuck Steve." I said and rushed to him as he got out of the ring and sat on the edge.

"Language." Steve said and sighed.

"I'm so sorry...." I said and he shook his head.

"I'm okay, I will be at least." Steve said and I groaned.

"I'm not safe! Around anyone! I didn't see Steve when I fought, I saw nothing but red, faces blur and don't matter." I said and Bucky said and went to take my hand and I yanked away.

"Please just leave me alone guys." I said and walked away. Bucky looked at Steve.

"Let's go get you check out." Bucky said and helped Steve get to the medical wing.

****************************************************************************

I got to my room and went into my bathroom and ran a bath. I sat in it until the water started to get cold and I sighed. I got out and I dried off, put on some shorts and a shirt of Steve's. When I came out of the bathroom Nat was and Clint were sitting on my bed.

"I want to be left alone." I said and they sighed.

"We saw Steve, he is worried about you and thinks we have known you longer, we could try talking to you." Nat said and I groaned.
"I just want to be left alone. I get it, you guys are a group and go to each other with everything, I'm not an avenger!" I said in a raised voice.

"We never said you were sweetie." Clint sat as I sat between him and Nat.

"I know, I just don't know how to take this. I just want to be me again." I said and Nat sighed.

"You are still you, just a stronger, faster version of you." Nat said and I sighed. I looked at Clint who was looking at his hands.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked and he sighed.

"I blame myself for this." Clint said and I huffed a laugh.

"What?" I asked shocked.

"You were taken and I couldn't find you. Someone got the drop on us and you, that we couldn't follow. I lost you, I had to tell your sister I lost you. I swore to her I would protect you and I couldn't do that, not finding you lead to this happening to you..." Clint said and I wrapped him in a hug.

"I don't blame you or anyone else here for that matter. I blame myself for being taken. If I had just let Drackner's comments slide I wouldn't have been taken." I said and Clint sighed in our hug and Nat joined in and I laughed.

"You didn't do this either." Nat said and I smiled as I felt some tears fill my eyes.

"I love you guys so much. You are the best family a girl could ask for." I said and they nodded.

"What about your actual sister?" I heard Laura's voice say and I looked in the doorway to see her standing there. I got up and rushed to hug her, I didn't know she was here.

"Okay, don't crush me." She said and quickly released.

"Sorry, still learning my strength." I said and she placed a hand on my cheek.

"You okay super girl?" Laura asked giving me her own nickname.

"I don't know...." I said and looked at the ground.