Chapter 11

The next morning I woke up when I smelled coffee and I smiled opening my eyes to see Steve setting a cup beside me on the table.

"Good morning." Steve said.

"Morning Steve." I said and he smiled. I couldn't help but notice the small blush on his cheek by calling him by his name. I sat up and took the cup of coffee from the table and took a drink. He then handed me a plate of breakfast and I smiled.

"Thank you so much for ordering room service again." I said and he shrugged.

"We had to eat." Steve said and I nodded. We sat eating in silence, but a comfortable silence. Once I was finished I stood up.

"I going to take a quick shower and get ready to go." I said and Steve nodded. I grabbed all of my stuff and headed into the bathroom.

*****STEVE POV*****

Once I heard the shower water turn on I pulled out my cellphone.

>Nat...< I sent to her.

>Yes Steve?< She asked.

>I want to tell her...< I said.

>So tell her.< Nat said.

>Is it really that simple though? I mean come on what do I say? "Hey Andie, you are gorgeous, I can't stop thinking about you and I want to be with you."< I sent.

>YES! What is wrong with that?!< Nat said and I groaned.

>Isn't it too soon after Max? I don't want to pressure or push her. I couldn't live with myself if I pushed her further away instead of bringing her closer.< I asked.

>Listen, only you know how you feel and you will know when it feels right. Trust me, she isn't going anywhere. If you feel like you have to take baby steps then take them, but at least tell her something or do something. Just take some kind of step.< Nat said. I groaned.

>Thanks Nat.< I said. I put my phone back in my pocket and sighed.

I got up from bed and started packing up my stuff just so I would be ready. Soon Andie was coming out of the bathroom and I smiled as I saw her in a red cap sleeved t-shirt and a pair of faded blue jeans. She had put her hair in French braid since it was still wet and did some makeup.

"I will get packed up, get my shoes on and then we can go." Andie said and I nodded.

"No rush." I said to her and she smiled as hesat down to put her boots on. 

***************************************************************************

*****NORMAL POV*****

Once we walked into the museum I could tell Steve was nervous. He was wearing a white t-shirt, blue jacket and some jeans. He also placed on a baseball cap and I knew it was to somewhat hide his face which was fine, since it was all over the museum. We started walking through the exhibit and I was looking at everything. We reached the display showing Steve before the serum and I looked at him.

"You ever regret it?" I asked and he sighed and then shook his head.

"For a while I thought I did, I mean everything was new to me. Now though, no, I don't." Steve said and I smiled. I looked at the pictures of him pre-serum.

"You were a cutie even then." I said and Steve blushed and chuckled.

"And what about now?" Steve asked and laughed as I nudged him.

"Don't do that, don't act like you don't know you're cute." I said and he smiled. We moved and as I read a display about the Howling Commandos I felt Steve grab my hand and interlaced his fingers in mine and I smiled as I read. We didn't discuss it or make a big deal about it we just held hands walking through the museum. Once we reach a big display Steve gently squeezed my hand and I listened to the commentator talk.

"Best friends since childhood, Bucky Barnes and Steven Rogers were inseparable on both schoolyard and battlefield. Barnes is the only Howling Commando to give his life in service of his country." I listened to the audio and watched the few video clips they showed of Steve and Bucky together. Steve was just watching as well. I placed my head on his arm and he looked down at me and gave a small smile.

"You okay? We can go if you are uncomfortable." I said and he shook his head.

"No, it's just Bucky and I were like brothers and I was there the day he died. I tried to save him but he fell from the train, there was nothing I could do. I felt guilty for a long time and I just wanted him to know I was always sorry I couldn't save him. I always thought it should have been me and not him." Steve said and I shook my head lifting it from his arm.

"Hey, don't say that. I'm sure Bucky wouldn't want to hear that. He would probably beat you up for saying that wouldn't he?" I asked and Steve laughed.

"Most likely." Steve said and I smiled at him. He gave one last look at Bucky's display and we kept walking. As we were finishing up going through the museum I looked and saw a kid looking at Steve in awe.

"I think you have been spotted Captain." I whispered, he smiled and saw the kid. He smiled and then held his finger up to his lips giving the shush sign and the kid slightly nodded. Steve looked at me. Once we covered the whole museum we walked back outside still hand in hand.

"Thank you Steve." I said and he looked at me.

"For what?" He asked.

"For bringing me on this trip. For taking me to meet Peggy and understand that situation and bringing me here to get your past. It really means a lot to me." I said and Steve smiled down at me.

"Andie...I...-" Steve started to say but his cellphone rang. He groaned and pulled it out of his pocket.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Rogers, it's Fury." Nick said. Steve groaned.

"Yeah?" Steve asked.

"I know you are in town and I would like to have a meeting with you about something." Fury said and Steve groaned and looked at me.

"Okay well I have to get something squared away first and then I will be over." Steve said and hung up. Steve looked at me and I gave a small smile.

"I have an unscheduled meeting with Fury that just popped up. I'm going to take you to the airstrip and get you on your way home before I go." Steve said and I shook my head.

"I would actually like to go with you, please." I said and Steve sighed.

"You're going to be bored." Steve said and I gave a small laugh.

"I'll be fine Steve." I said and he smiled. He took the hand he was holding of mine and kissed the back of my hand. I smiled at Steve.

"You were going to talk to me about something..." I said and Steve sighed.

"We can talk about it later." Steve said and I nodded. I had I feeling I knew what he was about to talk to me about but I didn't want to push it.

"Well then lets get to Fury." Steve said and I nodded. Steve called for the car. I pulled out my cellphone knowing I saved Fury's number in my phone.

>Hey, I know Steve is coming in to see you. I am with him and I was wondering if you and I could have a meeting, just me and you, after you meet with Steve?< I sent to Fury.

>Is that about the job offer?< Fury asked.

>Possibly or maybe I just miss you friendly face.< I sent and smiled as I did, I know he would catch my sarcasim.

>Either way, you are on the schedule.< Fury sent and I sighed as the car arrived.