Chapter 10

Once we left the nursing home Steve and I headed to the hotel. We arrived and Steve was checking us in.

"Okay so that is one room 2 beds..." The hotel worker said, Steve and I both shook our heads.

"It's supposed to be 2 rooms." Steve said and she they sighed.
"I'm sorry Captain Rogers, this is the only room we have available." He said and Steve looked at me and I sighed.

"It's fine, it's 2 beds, we will be fine." I said and Steve sighed but nodded and we finished checking in. Once we walked to the room we sighed. Steve looked at me as we stared at the beds.

"If it's okay with you I would like to take the bed closest to the door." Steve said and I smiled but nodded.

"Is that the Captain America in you? Sleep closest to the door incase danger breaks in?" I asked and he groaned but sighed.

"Habit." Steve said and I looked at him as he sat on the bed and I sat on my bed facing him. I reached out and grabbed his hands and he looked at me as I smiled.

"Thank you for taking me to see Peggy today. I still don't fully understand as to why you did it but thank you for letting me into that part of your life." I said and he nodded.

"Peggy is important to me and always will be but bringing you here was to show you that her picture in my compass did mean something once but doesn't anymore." Steve said and I smiled. I noticed he was rubbing his thumbs over my knuckles and I sighed removing my hands from his.

"I don't know what I want to make of this trip but thank you for letting me into your life. I know you can be and sometimes like to be private." I said and Steve nodded.

"I have been disrupting your life for a little while and who knows how much longer I will be so I wanted to thank you." Steve said and I sighed.

"I wouldn't say disrupting iceman, just a lot less private time." I said and sighed.

"But I did want to say thank you again for the other night with Max." I said and Steve shook his head.

"You don't need to thank me." Steve said.

"Yes I do, if you hadn't been there that night, I don't know what would have happened. I could only fight him off so much before he got the upper hand. So please Captain America, just take my thanks." I said and he huffed a laugh.

"Okay fine, you're welcome." Steve said and I smiled.

*************************************************************************

Later that night Steve and I just ordered room service for dinner and soon we were getting ready for bed and I was texting Nat while Steve took a shower.

>So he took me to see Peggy.< I sent.

>I know, he told me he was going to. How did it go?< Nat asked.

>She is nice, I was just confused about the meeting.< I sent

>Peggy is important to him and doesn't introduce her to many people.< Nat said.

>Have you net het?< I asked.

>Nope, no one on the team has.<

>Nat...< Was all I sent.

>I know sweetie, it wouldn't be a bad thing if you had some kind of feelings for him, he is a good guy.< Nat said.

>But an Avenger, like you and Clint...constantly in danger and me constantly worrying about him like I do you both.<

>But is it worth missing out on something amazing with someone because of fear?< Nat asked and I sighed.

Steve came out of the bathroom in a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. I was already changed into my shorts and tank top.

"I was wondering if tomorrow before we go back to the house, if you would want to tour the Captain America museum?" Steve asked and I looked at him and smiled. Clint had talked about it before and said that was where he went to get his info on Steve when he joined the team.

"Yeah I would like that." I said and Steve smiled.

>We are going to see the museum tomorrow before we come back.< I sent to Nat.

>That will be fine and maybe answer more of your questions.<

>Just a lot to think about in my life I guess. I have really been thinking about the job Fury offered me.<

>Really?! That would be amazing if you took it! You could finally come visit me at work.< Nat said and I smiled and shook my head.

>I haven't accepted it yet.< I said. I yawned and sighed.

>I am heading to bed. I love you, give me love to everyone else. Enjoy my bed to yourself.< I sent.

>I will. See you tomorrow.< Nat sent.

I plugged my phone into the charger and placed it on the nightstand between the bed. I saw Steve reading a book.

"I think I am heading to bed. It's been a pretty eventful day." I said and Steve laughed.

"Jet lag finally hitting?" Steve asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, I think so." I said and he smiled.

"Good night Andie." Steve said.

"Good night iceman...Steve." I said and smiled at him as I laid down. 

***********************************************************************

*****STEVE POV*****

I woke in the middle of the night like I usually did, I didn't sleep much. It took me a minute to remember where I was and when I did I remembered who was in the room with me. I got out of bed to get a drink of water. I stayed looking in the mirror in the bathroom for a minute and sighed.

-Just tell her Steve, tell her in the morning how you feel. Do it at the museum, let her see your life and tell her. She deserves the right to know.-

I shake my head slightly and head back into the bedroom to see that Andie has come uncovered and is curled into a little ball trying to stay warm. I give a slight smile while slightly shaking my head. I grabbed her blanket from the foot of the bed when she had kicked it. I pulled it up over her and she instantly uncurled herself. I moved the hair from her face that had fallen there in the night and sighed. I gently rested my hand on her cheek as I did I heard her sigh a content sigh and give a small smile in her sleep. This made my heart skip a beat. I removed my hand and went to get back into my bed. I just watched Andie sleep and I made me content to fall asleep looking at her.