Chapter 24

After Fury mentioned me joining the teams on missions I declined his offer. He begged me to just think about it. Steve and I were laying in his bed that night both of us just in complete silence as my head was on his chest.

"Do you think I should?" I asked Steve and he sighed.

"I don't want to talk about it Andie." Steve said.

"Steve, we need to talk about it." I said sitting up and looking at him.

"No we don't, not now." Steve said.

"And if not now when? I have tried all night with you." I said and he just groaned.

"Steve, if I can help the team on a mission with the strength and speed then I should. I mean I'm not crazy about it and if it's too dangerous I'll get out." I said.

"Andie, I wont have you getting hurt. You don't heal like me." Steve said.

"Neither does Clint, Nat, Sam or Tony but they still go." I said and Steve shook his head.

"Andie, let's just get sleep and discuss this in the morning." Steve said.

"No, Steve, I want to talk about it now. Please. I'm just asking you to have a rational discussion with me. Why is that so fucking hard?" I asked pissed. He opened his mouth to say something.

"I swear to god Steve, if you say language...." I trailed off and he shut his mouth.

"Andie, listen to me, you are a trainer now, leave it at that. Once you get yourself under control we can revisit the idea. Now stop it and come to bed." Steve said.

"Get myself under control?! Training and missions will help with that." I said annoyed.

"Stop it Andie, I won't tell you again." Steve said gruffly and I looked at him in shock.

"Excuse me?! When did you become my father?!" I asked pissed off. He didn't say anything I just got out of the bed.

"Andie..." Steve said trying to reach for my hand, I shook my head as I left the bedroom and went to my room, slamming the door and locking it. I sat with my back against my headboard and pulled my knees to my chest and hugged them. I placed my forehead on my knees and just silently cried in the silent bedroom. Steve had never talked to me like that and now it was like second nature to him. I ended up crying myself to sleep sitting up.

*********************************************************************** 

I woke up the next morning and got dressed for training. As I opened my door to leave I saw Steve coming from his room next to me.

"Andie..." Steve said and I just turned and walked down the hall. I heard him groan.

"What did you do?" Nat asked walking up to Steve and he sighed.

"We had a fight last night and I may have used my commanding voice with her." Steve said and Nat groaned.

"I told you never to use that voice." Nat said and shoved Steve. Steve walked down to the kitchen and found me getting a bottle of water and an apple from the fridge.

"Can we talk please?" Steve asked in whisper since everyone was in the kitchen. I didn't even look at him.

"I'm sorry Captain Rogers, I have a training class to go babysit while Agent Carter takes over since I'm not trusted to do anything. Maybe we can after, if I'm not busy." I said. I then looked at Nat.

"Hey, you want to go out after I'm done with training?" I asked and she sighed.

"Yeah...sure." Nat said looking between Steve and I.