Chapter 6

I was coming back from an early morning run that Steve did not join me on this morning for the first time in a week and I had to even admit to myself I kind of missed his annoying presence. As I approached the house I noticed some men standing on the porch outside just keeping watch and I groaned.

"Avengers shit." I said to myself and jogged up the porch steps. Before I could get any further one of the guys was detaining me.

"What's your business here?" He asked gruffly.

"I live here asshat!" I yelled.

"Highly doubt that! Who do you work for?!" He asked gruffly again. He was holding my arms behind my back that was still semi bruised and my shoulder still sore so this was killing me.

"I'm giving you one chance to let me go..." I said and he chuckle.

"What will you do?" He asked and I chuckled. I stomped on his foot and he loosened his grip slightly leaving me an advantage to get out of his grip. I whipped around on him and started throwing punches that he couldn't block fast enough. As he charged me I moved to the side and he missed me. I grabbed him by the back of his shirt as he passed me and kicked the back of his knee taking him down and pinning on him on the porch pushing his head into the porch floor. I sat on his back.

"That's what I'll do." I said. Before anything else could happen Clint, Steve and another guy I knew came outside.

"Andie! What the hell?" Clint asked getting me up off the guy.

"He grabbed me." I said pissed off rubbing my shoulder.

"She said she lived here and tried getting in the house." The guy said standing up.

"Yeah she is Barton's sister-in-law. She lives here with his wife." The guy who I knew said. He then turned to me.

"I hope you are okay, Rumlow was doing what I told him to do." The guy said. I knew who he was I just didn't want to acknowledge him.

"Detain people who are trying to get in the house? Really Director Fury?" I asked and he sighed.

"Sorry about all this Miranda but it looks like Romanoff's training did you well." Fury said and I smiled. I kept rubbing my shoulder and Steve noticed.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's just still stiff and having to deal with him didn't help." I said. I looked at everyone.

"Can I go inside now? I would really like to shower." I said and Fury nodded.

"Go ahead." Clint said and I watched Rumlow as I walked in the house.

"She can fight Clint, I mean she took down Rumlow, the best and biggest." Fury said and Clint shook his head.

"There is no way she is becoming part of this." Clint said as they headed back into the house.

"We could use her in the field. She could be on my security team." Fury said and Clint shook his head.

"Sorry Fury but no. She hates me being an Avenger as it is and hates the Avengers period. I don't think asking her to be apart of it is the best idea ever." Clint said. Steve snuck upstairs as everyone was talking and knocked on my bedroom door. I opened the door and saw Steve.

"I'm fine iceman, really." I said.

"I know you are, just checking though." Steve said and I smiled.

"Well perfectly fine. You better get back down to your meeting." I said and he nodded. He then handed me a tube of cream.

"This will hep take the soreness out." He said and I gave a small smile.

"Thank you." I said. Steve walked away and I tossed the cream in my bed and headed into the bathroom. As I was in the shower I let the water hit all my muscles and relax me. Once I was done in went back into my room and went to get dressed. I couldn't move my shoulder and I looked at the cream Steve gave me and decided it couldn't hurt so I placed a little on my fingers and massaged it in. As I finished I walked back downstairs and Rumlow was standing at the bottom on the steps.