Chapter 26 - Final

*****2 YEARS LATER*****

Steve and I were sitting in our bedroom at the compound with our one-year-old twins. I was 2 months pregnant when Steve and I got married just neither of us new it. I was sitting on the bed playing with Clara and Steve was changing Connor. We had tried moving out of the compound once we married but Tony didn't want us to leave and no one minded having the babies around once they came along. There was a knock on the door and we looked to see Nat come walking in.

"Hey. You here to steal your niece and nephew? They could really use some Uncle Bucky and Auntie Nat time." I asked and she shook her head and I knew what she meant.

"We have a mission?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yeah there is a briefing in the conference room in 10 minutes. Pepper is here is watch them." Nat said and I sighed as Steve rubbed my back. This would be my first mission back since they were born. I had gone on 2 before Steve and I got married. I looked as Clara was looking at me smiling and Connor was laughing. I smiled closing my eyes putting their smiling faces into my memory.

"Let's go find Aunt Pepper." I said standing up and picked up Clara. Steve then handed me Connor and I carried them out of the room.

"Steve, shouldn't she stay home?" Nat asked after I left the room.

"I tried to talk to her about it and she said she wants to fight." Steve said.

"But Clara and Connor...?" Nat asked.

"I know Nat, everything will be fine." Steve said as they headed to the conference room. Once I got the kids situated with Pepper I went into the conference room and Tony explained the mission to us. I then saw Sharon come walking in the room. Even though Steve and I were married and had 2 kids she still took any chance to be around him. Steve wouldn't let me fight her which always pissed me off.

"Agent Carter, right on time." Tony said and I looked at him.

"What are you talking about?" I asked and Tony sighed as Steve grabbed my hand that was on my knee.

"We need Sharon on this mission for intel per Fury's request, she will be with Nat and Clint. Steve and I will be together leaving Bucky with Andie." Tony said. I looked across the table at Bucky and smiled.

"Dream team together again!" I said and Bucky laughed. We were always paired together, I think it was Steve's doing so he knew I was safe if he wasn't with me.

"Suit up, meet on the jet in 15." Tony said and we all got up.

"The babies are with Pepper, everyone better give them a kiss bye." I said with a small laugh and everyone nodded. Steve and I went to the bedroom and got dressed in our suits. Mine was just liked Nat's catsuit. I was braiding my hair when Steve came up behind me wrapping his arms around my waist resting his hands on my stomach.

"What do you say when we finish this mission we try for another baby?" I asked and Steve smiled and kissing my cheek.

"I was just thinking the same thing." Steve said. I turned in his grip and passionately kissed him.

"This is my last mission Steve. I can't leave the kids anymore." I said and Steve smiled.

"I can't tell you how happy that makes me." Steve said and I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him into a hug, there was a knock on our door and then it opened.

"They wanted to see mom and dad before they left." Pepper said walking in with the kids and I smiled. I took Clara and Steve took Connor.

"We love you two so much and we will be back soon. Be good for Aunt Pepper." I said and I kissed them both as did Steve. We finished getting ready and headed to the jet. The ride was long and mostly silent except for going over everything.