Chapter 8

The next morning I woke up with an arm wrapped around me and I looked to see it was Nat. I was so confused as to why she was up sleeping with me and holding me. I rolled over and Nat was looking at me and she hugged me.
"Not that I don't love you and or anything but why are you cuddling me?" I asked and she laughed.

"We heard about what happened with Max last night when we all came home and when I came to bed you seemed to be crying. You were clutching your pillow pretty tight. I just wanted to make sure you were okay but I must have fallen asleep." Nat said and I smiled.

"Thank you." I said and she made me lift my head and she looked at my neck.

"How's it look?" I asked and she shook her head.

"Just a little red." Nat said and I gave a small smile.

"Good." I said and she smiled.

"Thank god Steve stayed behind." Nat said and I sighed getting out of bed.

"Yeah I guess so." I said and grabbed some clothes to wear.

"Hey, I wanted to talk to you about Steve." Nat said and I shook my head.

"I saw his compass last night and saw the picture of the girl. She is beautiful and I can tell she means something to him. I won't get in the way of his happiness." I said and Nat sighed.

"Okay..." Nat said knowing she want going to get through to me. I went to the bathroom and put on a pair of knee length jean shorts and a tank top. I walked into the kitchen and was met with a lot of looks from everyone.

"I'm okay. Luckily I wasn't here alone when it happened." I said and Laura rushed over to me and hugged me as she cried.

"Hey, pregnancy hormones, tone it down." I said and she pulled away and cupped my face.

"I could have lost you last night." She said and I shook my head.

"That will never happen." I said and she smiled through her tears. I kissed her cheek.

"Laura, I'm not going anywhere and Max wont be coming back." I said and she sighed with a smile.

"Good." She said and I smiled at her. I walked over to Clint and hugged him.

"Good thing Steve was here." Clint whispered as we hugged and I just nodded.

"Yeah, good thing." I said and looked around the kitchen once we broke apart. I didn't see Tony or Steve anywhere.

"Where are Tony and Steve anyway?" I asked.

"Outside." Bruce said. I nodded and smiled at Bruce. I hadn't really gotten to know Bruce since everyone arrived, he kept mostly to himself. Clint handed me a plate of breakfast and I smiled.

"Thank you." I said and Clint smiled as I started eating. I sat across from Bruce.

"So...what's your story? I get iceman and tin man. Hell I know bow man's but what about you?" I asked Bruce and he chuckles.

"Bow man?!" Clint asked and laughed. I smiled at him and then back to Bruce.

"Not much to tell honestly. I tried to recreated the super solider serum and it went horribly wrong." Bruce said and I sighed.

"Super solider serum...that's what Steve got right?" I asked and Bruce nodded.

"Is he really almost 100 years old?" I asked and Clint chuckled.

"What's the problem with that Andie, you like older guys." Clint said and I laughed.

"Shut up, I was just curious." I said and Bruce smiled.