Chapter 8

Jungkook almost hit the ceiling at her words

Jungkook almost hit the ceiling at her words. Was she dreaming of him? The faster he smiled the faster he frowned. Jiah was dreaming of Justin, not Jungkook. Everyone liked Justin but no one gave a fuck to Jungkook except, Taehyung.

Dishearted, he left the place. He didn't have the mood to fly anymore. He, therefore, walked his way home. The road was peaceful. No one could be seen in the peripheries not even animals.

He walked for some more minutes until he heard some voices. Jungkook turned in an alley and discovered a group of 3 drunk men harassing a college girl. "Hey! Stop bothering her!"

The men stopped on their tracks. They eyed Jungkook from head to toe and then continued doing their job, completely ignoring his presence. Jungkook would be lying if he said that he didn't feel insulted at their behavior. He caught one of them's arms and pushed him aside. "I. said. Leave. Her." He emphasized each word, gritting his teeth.

The man let out a stinky breath on his face and laughed. "Yah, punk, you should go home!" But Jungkook's hand still gripped his shirt and eyes boring to the other's skull.

"Do you want to join us-" PUNCH! The man kissed the ground at his strong punch. The remaining two men forgot the girl and pounced upon him. Jungkook slid from his place and they fell on top of the previous one.

The 3 drunk men stood up and circled Jungkook. For a moment, he thought he would fly but then it struck him, he was not in his suit. He couldn't reveal his identity. "Damn it!" He sent a flying kick to the one on his right and at the same time, a hard punch landed on his cheeks from left. The impulse threw him on the garage door.

"How dare you." He deadpanned and tilted his neck. To others, it might be intimidating, but these men seemed to enjoy the fight. As time passed, they only grew stronger.

Jungkook wondered what was wrong with him. Why couldn't he defeat normal thugs?? He fell on his knees, completely exhausted from the fight. He was kicked again on his back.

Jungkook understood that he needed to run. He stood up and looked for something to distract them. His eyes caught a square tin shade and he used his powers to move it. But surprisingly the air refused to obey him. "What's happening??"

"Your powers won't work with us, kid." One of them smiled.

"Huh?" Jungkook was still in a daze. He couldn't understand what was happening to him. Why couldn't he use his powers? Then it struck him. These men knew he had powers!

Jungkook collected himself and spoke in a grave tone, "Who are you?"

"We??" One spoke up and the remaining joined him in laughter. "How about we show you, Justin?"

Jungkook's heart almost stopped beating. How did they know he was Justin? No one knew apart from Taehyung. His question was soon answered.

"Don't worry kid, we can see the supernatural aura around you. And we are much stronger than you think."