Chapter 23

Jungkook wore back his casuals at Taehyung's place and was walking towards his house

Jungkook wore back his casuals at Taehyung's place and was walking towards his house. It was evening, the sun was down. The city was as vibrant as always, bustling with liveliness. There were so many things going on in his head. Devithan, superhero role, and the upcoming semester exams in a month. As a result, he completely forgot how he had ditched his girlfriend on their movie date.

"Where have you been, Jungkook??" He was startled by a feminine voice. He looked up to discover Jiah standing infront of his house, her questionable gaze fixed on him.

"I was caught up in something." He apologetically rubbed his neck.

"This is exactly what I want to know. I am trying to be understanding here but if you don't give the assurance I cannot but have my doubts. Are you cheating on me?" her eyes were glassy.

"I could never..." Jungkook tried to hold her shoulder but she stepped back.

"They maybe you're embarrassed of me?"

"What are you saying, Jiah?? I am proud to have you as my girlfriend." He knew he had messed up very badly this time. His actions have hurt her. But wasn't it a bit brutal for a teen to manage so many things at once?

"Then tell me what's going on with you? I am here to listen." She came closer and stared right into his soul.

Jungkook was caught up in his inner turmoil. He couldn't disclose his identity to her. All his excuses were exhausted. Unable to reply he looked down and mumbled, "I'm sorry."

Jiah closed her eyes and inhaled sharply. "This isn't working." She shook her head, "I think we should break up."

Jungkook's mouth dropped open in shock. His words were clogged in his throat. His eyes burnt. "Jiah... please..."

"No Jungkook, I have reached my limits." She fought back her tears.

"Please just let me explain-"

"Save it for later, Jeon. I am not in a position for an explanation." She ran away without looking back as it was hard for her to hold back the rebellious tears.

Jungkook flipped back his hair and screamed in anger. He punched the nearby wall which instantly had a dent due to his superpowers. Justin had entirely fucked up Jungkook's life. It made him a liar, an irresponsible person, a bad friend and most importantly a danger to his close ones. Now his girlfriend had also left him. He had never asked for superpowers. Why did he have to suffer? Why should he care for the world if his own life got hampered because of it? No one would give him a job just because he saves the world if he got bad grades. No one would make up for the loss his parents would undergo if he died saving the world. Maybe he if he stopped being Justin, things would get back to normal.

"Kookie?"

"Mom?" he immediately wiped off his eyes and nose. "I was just about to get in." he hopped his hoarse voice didn't expose him.