Chapter 22

Double update

Double update. Don't forget to check the previous chapter.

Justin dodged the attack and flew upwards into the clouds for three reasons. First, he wanted the people to be safe from the laser. Second, he could use the clouds to hide. Third, the wind speed and static electricity were high in the upper layers of the troposphere. The only disadvantage was, laser lights couldn't be stopped by air. Thus he needed to attack the source in order to protect himself.

He could see a corner of the cloud light up bright red. He managed to escape the attack by inches for the third time. No matter how, he must not get hit, or else he would be roasted to death. The attacks were very frequent barely giving him time to save himself. The wind force helped him a great deal.

Jimin's laughter was echoing in the clouds. "You lose. Jeon Jungkook."

Jungkook's eyes widened at his words, "You knew?!"

"Well duh! I always kept an eye on you for my king." His reply came from somewhere behind the clouds followed by a laser attack.

Jungkook gritted his teeth in anger. He had never felt so exposed. He had to end this cat-and-mouse game, once it for all. He channelled the wind in the direction from where Jimin's voice came. He succeeded in catching the male off guard.

Jimin fought hard against the strong wind current. Justin took the opportunity to knock the laser gun out of his hand. The weapon fell down towards the land, vanishing from eyesight in some seconds. He landed a hard punch on Jimin's face. The opponent flew away into the clouds in the impact.

For the next few minutes, it was calm and silent. Jungkook considered himself victorious when suddenly a laser passed through the helmet. Luckily it didn't touch his head and just burnt some strands of his hair but a deafening shrill sound rang in his ears. He clutched his ears and groaned as the sound caused an acute headache. He lost the control of wind around him and began falling.

Jimin landed a kick on his chest making him fall faster. Jungkook hit the terrace of one of the tallest office buildings. It was almost fifty feet fall. The shorter male chuckled in pity at the sight of Justin lying on the floor, motionless. His helmet was thrown some distance away as a result his damp hair stuck on his forehead. An extremely narrow string of blood flowed out of his right ear, the side the laser almost hit him.

"See, you are no match to my strength." Jimin hovered over him, enjoying the view with pride.

Suddenly Justin snapped his eyes open and the next moment Jimin found himself caught up in a whirlwind. Jungkook pulled heavy debris from the surroundings and made it spiral in the wind. Whenever Jimin tried to break through it, trashes would hit him back into the tornado. Jungkook waited for the air molecules to charge themselves.

His eyes glowed bright pink as well as the energy ball in his hand. He smirked when he saw minute electric sparks in the tornado. He clapped both hands and the tornado disappeared with a bolt of bright lightning followed by loud thunder.