Chapter 19

Jimin stood there for some more minutes

Jimin stood there for some more minutes. What had he gotten himself into? Had not been for his poverty he would never agree to such proposals.

Last day after Jin left him, he met this purple-haired man. He called himself Devithen. At first, Jimin was curious about the person. He seemed unusual. Then it creeped him out when he learned that the man almost knew everything about him. But he assured him that he meant no harm. He only wanted him to have a better life.

He would pay him for keeping an eye on Jungkook. He need not do anything. He only had to spy on him at school and inform the man. He was okay with that initially. It wouldn't harm him. It was not that he was selling drugs. As long as he got the money it was okay.

Everything went well. He said to his mom that he  got a new part-time job. But his inner conscience was eating him up. He felt guilty whenever he came face to face with Jungkook. They might not be on good terms but that didn't give him the right to invade his privacy. Clearing his head out of all negative thoughts he walked inside his house. He would only do the work until he gets some decent job.

♧●♡●♧

Jungkook stood on the terrace of the school before his friend Jiah. After she ignored him for the last three days, she suddenly pulled him here. Jungkook was beyond confused at her behavior.

The girl, on the other hand, was freaking out. Her heart and mind were at the opposite poles of a magnet. She couldn't bring herself to speak her words aloud.

"Hey! Why are we here?" Jungkook's voice snapped her out of the daze

"I- I have something to tell you." She stuttered but got all red. She began breathing loudly.

Jungkook tilted his head and chuckled. He then gently took her hands in his and spoke ignoring his hammering heart. He couldn't ruin their friendship. "Calm down and tell me." His heart skipped a bit when her doe eyes got locked with his.

Without thinking Jiah blurted out, "I think I like you more than a friend, Jungkook." There was a long pause as if the world came to a standstill.

Jungkook's eyes were threatening to pop out at any moment. Then he began searching for something.