Chapter 14

It was recess

It was recess. Jiah was about to walk into the canteen when she heard someone calling her name. "Jimin?" She turned around, perplexed.

The short guy marched to her with a cheeky grin on his face. "Hi! Can we walk together to the cafeteria?"

"Uh- No problem with that I guess." She nervously laughed. This was the first time Jimin tried to initiate a conversation. He was always that nerd who stayed behind stacks of books even during the breaks.

Jimin, on the other hand, found Jiah a quiet charming girl. He recalled the way she smiled at him when he took his answer sheet from the teacher. He had that weird feeling in his stomach. He couldn't tell if it was romantic or not, he had never been social with girls much less in a relationship.

"What do you want to order?" Jiah asked and that's when he realized they had already reached the cafeteria.

"Veg sandwiches." He replied, "I'll pay."

"You don't have to- "

"It's my treat because I am very happy." He displayed his set of pearls.

"You must be since you got one of the highest marks." Jimin sulked at her words. He was happy because he got to spend time with her. He was still envious of Jungkook getting more marks but decided to play along with a nod. "Sure then. One bibimbap for me. I'll keep the seat for us." With that, she jogged to one of the empty tables in the café.

Jimin returned with the food soon after. He took the seat opposite her. "So?" he puffed the air out of his mouth. He didn't know how to initiate a conversation.

Jiah liked his flustered state. She had an urge to squish his red cheeks. His smile was priceless. Her perception of him as a cold nerd completely changed. "So... tell me about yourself. We are talking for the first time I guess."

"I am Park Jimin." He shyly rubbed his nape and continued, "As you know we are from the same class but sadly we never spoke before. I am not much social with people you see."

"Then why did you think I was the right person to approach?" Jiah was just teasing him. It was fun seeing him getting all red and shy. But his reply got backfired.

"Because you are special." Her eyes widened at his unexpected reply. "I li- "

"Jiaaahhh!!!!" A shrill voice interrupted them and the next thing Jimin knew another girl was hugging her like a koala.

"Oh, Mihyun- Where were you all this time? I thought you will not come so I sat with him- "

"It's okay. It was my fault for not informing you before." Mihyun smiled and took a seat beside her. Jimin nervously laughed. He thanked her for interrupting because his brain slapped him hard for his loose tongue. He was about to ruin a chance with her!

"This is Jimin. My new friend." Jiah introduced which turned the boy redder than before. He loved how she already considered him her friend. "And Jimin, this is Mihyun. My girl best friend."