Chapter 16

Taehyung and Mihyun walked side by side in silence

Taehyung and Mihyun walked side by side in silence. For some reason, his heartbeat was faster than usual. A social butterfly like him couldn't start up a conversation at that time. He occasionally glanced at the female beside him, sometimes even got caught staring.

"Which store are we going to?" Mihyun asked to break the thick silence.

"The one near the railway station. The snacks are cheap there."

"Sounds weird coming from the mouth of a millionaire."

"Hey! Money is precious. Why waste it when I can save them for the future?"

"What will you do with so many savings?? Will you buy a country for your wife?" She joked but Taehyung's reply stunned her.

"I'll rather donate it to some orphanage or hospital instead of spoiling my family with unnecessary things."

Mihyun stopped in her tracks, mouth slightly parted. Her respect for this man sky rocketed. She smiled to herself and jogged to catch up with Tae. "You have such a beautiful soul. I wish I had someone like you in my life."

"You already have me." Taehyung's sudden reply completely caught her off guard.

"W-What?" Her wide eyes were fixed on the boy before her.

Taehyung realized his words meant something else than intended. He wanted to say as a friend but it sounded different. He opened his mouth to rectify her but his words stopped in his throat. His eyes caught her beauty for the first time.

Playful eyes on tanned skin. Her lips were slightly thin and her cheeks were rosy. Her straight shoulder-length hair flew in the wind. The butterflies began dancing in his stomach. His eyes were fixed on her tempting lips. Everything seemed blurry to him except the girl before him.

Suddenly he felt piercing cold drops on his body. Taehyung immediately got out of his trance and looked up at the dark grey clouds.

"It's raining." Mihyun confirmed, "And we got no umbrella!!"

Taehyung clasped her hands and began running for shelter. In no time the rain increased. Her hand felt soft and warm against his. He frantically looked around for a shade but spotted nothing. He immediately took off his jacket and held it over their heads like an umbrella and began running towards their destination.

Taehyung didn't realize their proximity until it was too late. The couple stood infront of their destined convenience store, eyes locked with each other and nose almost touching under the soaked jacket.

•○♧○•

Few Hours before.

Jungkook opened his eyes and found himself in Taehyung's room. He immediately sat up as soon as he recalled the fight.

"Yah! Easy man!" Taehyung exclaimed from the other side.

Jungkook groaned and laid back. His body was aching like hell. He was also wrapped up in bandages. "What happened to that monster?" His voice came out hoarse.