Chapter 3

Hanbal stood in the doorway of the dining room. While he was on his way to the dining table, he was so carefree and confident. But now, he felt a sharp pain in his chest. He was suddenly struck with the feeling that he was all too familiar with.

Loneliness, sadness, fear, and despair. It suffocates him and filled his brain with statics. Ah, it seems as though the original Hanbal's feelings still stuck to this body.

"Ok Hanbal, you could do this. You are no longer wimpy Hanbal. You are now Hanbal the Great with a mission to complete. Get yourself together!" He whispered to himself and took a deep breath in. After a couple of seconds to compose himself, he walked in with his head down to avoid any attention.

The dining table was quiet. There were no sounds except for the occasional clanking of the plates and utensils. Hanbal sighed in relief when he saw that no one was paying attention to him and sat down on the seat furthest from them. A seat where they can't see or notice him. The perfect seat.

The smell of food filled his stomach with more joy than money. He began to dig in and happily chew on the food without a care in the world. Who cares if those 'family' of his were watching. If he was happy, then that's what matters. He promised the old owner of this body that he'll give this body a happy ending. And he's a man of his words.

But as he was chowing down on his food, he suddenly stops. Were these...waffles? They looked like the ones from his old world. The exact ones his father made for him when he got extra money on his payday. He could remember how happy he was whenever he woke up to the smell of waffles and syrup in the morning.

His father and he weren't the richest. They could barely afford meat because all the money goes to paying the bills and the 7-year dept from his bastard mother.

Unknowingly, tears began to fall down his pretty face and onto the large wooden table. He was shivering when he cut the waffles and put them in his mouth. How did his father react when he found out that he was dead? Oh, his poor father. He was such a shitty son.

He suddenly have no more appetite and quickly and quietly left the dining table. He didn't realize the stares following him out the door.

"Man, what a shitty day. First the maid, now this..." Hanbal sighed and made his way towards his room. But along the way, he spotted a large vase filled with blue roses and white snapdragons. It stood in the corner of the room all alone. It was slowly decaying from the roots to the petals. Hanbal immediately recognizes the vase. It was the same flower vase that became the reason the original Hanbal started bullying the female lead.

On her third day living in the Sather manor, she found out that she has another brother and went to look for him in hopes of 'befriending' him. But when she saw him tending to the flowers, she tripped and accidentally push the vase onto the ground which caused it to shatter and break. Since the vase was a first and last gift from his 'father', he had a mental breakdown and tried to hurt the female lead. That marks the beginning of the female lead's torturous days in the Sather manor.

Hanbal walked towards it and examined the inside of the vase. Ah, the soil has turned into sand. There was no sight of water or any life in it.

"Ah, it seems as though you and I are the same." Hanbal laughed softly and patted the dying flowers. "Fine, I'll take you with me. Lets venture the world together."

He turned and walked towards his room to grab a bucket of water. It was originally the bucket for the mop, but he decide to turn it into a watering bucket.

"Did you hear? The outcast ran out of the dining room in the middle of breakfast! I heard that the Duke was very angered but that." Said a maid to a male servant.

"Omg? Really? What was the bastard thinking? He should already know that he's a nobody! Where did he manage to gather up the courage to do that?" The butler said.

"Hey, should we help the Duke by bringing the bastard to his room? Maybe the Duke will give us a raise when he saw that we brought his bastard son to him!" The maid giggled softly. The butler nodded beside her eagerly.

Hanbal sighed while he listened to their conversation. He stared at the flowers for a couple of seconds before pouring out the water from the metal bucket. He could feel them approaching from behind. If they were his kidnappers, he would rate them 3/10 for their horrible sneaking.

"Get him!!" The maid screamed at the butler, which caused the butler to run towards Hanbal as fast as he can. He had his arms out, ready to grab Hanbal and throw him to the ground, but before he knew it, his vision started to fade as his ears began to ring loudly. He could hear his heart beating out of his chest once he landed on the hard ground with a thud.

As it turns out, Hanbal turned around and swung the metal bucket with his whole strength and successfully KOed the butler with one shot. He panted slightly and stared at the unconscious butler on the ground. He could hear the mad screech in surprise and ran away. These servants were surprisingly weak. Were these servants the same servants who degraded Hanbal for his weak body?

"Tsk. Pathetic. Not even worth worrying about." He huffed and kicked the butler in the stomach before turning and walking away.

But when Hanbal was out of sight, a man appeared from the shadow and let out a sharp whistle.  

______

C4l

Lol, poor Hanbal. I forgot to mention, Ye Joon is going to be called Hanbal from now on. I will only use Ye Joon whenever there's a flashback to his old life.