Chapter 31

Adda Ella was a baron whose an 'underdog' in the noble world.

Although her family is relatively influential and wealthy, they are still lacking compared to other barons. She's the youngest daughter of 4 sisters who are already wedded to more affluent families.

Their family is beneath most barons in the empire, but that doesn't mean they lack some qualities of their own. The Adda family has been known for having beauties who are known for being breathtakingly beautiful and fresh. The daughters' beauty was known to even surpass the ladies in the infamous Mundo Del Placer, a very well-known pleasure house (aka red district)

So as the youngest daughter with looks that surpassed her older sisters, she grew to be a bit vain and overconfident. She is sure that her beauty could make any man and woman get down on their knees and worship her. She was like the 'fresh' meat on the market that everyone wants to get their hands on.

She was sure that she was the most ravishing out of all her sisters and she makes it known to everyone. Due to that, she has many suitors willing to put down their dignity just for her attention.

Her parents were leeches who would attach themself to any cash cow that is unfortunate enough to walk near them. So when they were sent an invitation to the Grand Duke's youngest son's birthday, they immediately took this opportunity to cultivate a relationship with the all-powerful Grand Duke.

Though her heart has already been captured a couple of years ago by the handsome eldest son of the Sather family. The moment she saw him, she wanted him to be hers. So when she heard about the banquet, she became excited at the thought of meeting her beloved prince.

But it seems as though her dreams of marrying her prince have turned into dust. Instead of the handsome, strong, smart, and perfect Rayder, it's the ugly, fat, and smelly Hanbal that she's forced to meet.

She doesn't want to marry the unpleasant Hanbal. She believes she's too good for him. Even though it's obvious that his power and influence surpassed all her other suitors, she still hates the thought of marrying an ugly and fat troll. She knows rumors could sometimes be untrue and farfetched, but her heart refused to think so. She doesn't know why, but she wholeheartedly believes that the rumors were true.

She refused to think about a life with someone like him. But she had to swallow up her boiling disgust and hatred and prepared for the banquet. Since the main purpose of going to the banquet was to develop a relationship with the Great Sather family, her sisters didn't come.

It was just her and her mom and dad.

"Remember Ella, this is a very important thing to us. If we can form a relationship with the Sather family, our lives will change forever!" Her father exclaimed with excitement.

"I know it sounds unpleasant to marry a bastard, but you have to suck it up. It's for the best." Her mother said with a sweet voice.

All Ella could do was clenched her fists and seethed in her heart. Her beautiful face is starting to turn red from rage. She's too good for him anyways so why should she pretend? He's a bastard who's born from another mother! It's obvious that no one wants him so why should she be the one to marry him?!