Chapter 22

He walked through the garden with his hands occupied with a small envelope. Just earlier this morning, an envelope was delivered to his front window by a dove. At first, he thought it was a letter delivered to him from a far away school, but he remembered that it was supposed to be an owl and not a dove.

The envelope was white and fancy with some purple words that he could not make out. The letter was sealed with a stamp that has two initials written on it. Hanbal knew that it belongs to someone from the royal family because of the purple ink. It was a known fact that purple was the color for royalties.

In the novel, the crown emperor gave the Fl an envelope on her 15th birthday that has a purple ribbon tied around it. It was one of the many presents the crown emperor gave her, but it was the most important one.

Although he forgot the context of the letter since it was never mentioned again, he knew it was still significant so he hid the envelope from his servants since he knew they act as a spy for his father and brothers.

When he reached the water fountain in the center of the garden, he sat on the side and took a deep breath. He stared darkly at the envelope in his little hands and slowly peeled the seal off and place it in his pants pocket. He couldn't risk having people find out about the letter. Because if they did, they would tell his father and that erratic fool would cause a big problem.

When he opened the envelope and read the context of the letter, he was confused and bewildered.

𝔗𝔬 ℌ𝔞𝔫𝔟𝔞𝔩

𝔖𝔬𝔬𝔫.

𝔜𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔰 𝔗𝔯𝔲𝔩𝔶,

ℭ.𝔎

What the hell is this font? Why does it look so fancy? Was he too poor to read rich people's handwriting? And Soon? What is going to happen soon?

Hanbal looked around him and breathed a sigh of relief when he saw no one. Usually, whenever he leaves without a servant beside him for a long time, his father would try to go out and look for him himself.

His father, that fickle fool, has become increasingly annoying to deal with. He was obsessed and possessive to the point that it suffocates him to death.

"'C.K'? Hm, must be one of the sons..." Hanbal thought and scanned the writing once more. Maybe if he ignores it then it'll go away? That usually works for a little while...

But then again, C.K sounds familiar.

Wait...

C.K?! As in Czar Kamenev!! The future emperor and the ML of the story!!

Oh no... No no no! How! How does the crown emperor know who he is?! Hanbal was planning on staying lowkey until his 15th birthday! So why did the future emperor sends him a random letter?

Hanbal tried to rack his brains for any answer. He doesn't remember ever meeting the crown emperor or doing anything to catch the attention of the future tyrant. He did all he can to avoid the Fl and even tried his best to be 'nice' to her. So why was the crown emperor sending him a warning letter?

Isn't this a bit too early for the plot to start? It was said that the actual plot only starts when the Fl runs away. But there wasn't any reason for her to run away. Hanbal avoided her to the best of his abilities and never touch her. So why was he being targeted again?!

Hanbal glanced from side to side, got up, and stuffed the letter in his pockets. He ran out of the garden in haste and ran towards his bedroom. By the time he reached the doors of his chamber, he was breathing long and hard. Since his body was still frail and diminutive, running a short distance was like running a marathon.

This is no good. If he were to outrun soldiers and psychos, he would need to get his stamina up.

"I need to get out of here," Hanbal said to himself and quickly pack his bag. The bag already has a couple of pairs of clothes and gold neatly packed in. He had found the bag in the storage room a few days ago and had stuffed it full of the things he would need to use to survive. He hid it underneath the bed in case he needs to run away from an emergency.

"No... Let's run away later. If I run away now, then things would get complicated." Hanbal sighed and sat on the ground with his head full of thoughts. His father is a powerful man, so if he suddenly disappeared, then there is a high chance that he would be found before he leave the country.

Hanbal took out the envelope and scrunched it in his hand.

He needs to think rationally. He needs to plan it out thoroughly. He is no longer the neglected Hanbal. He is now favored by the Grand Duke who has full control over the country. Running now would only eliminate his chances of running in the future.

Hanbal inhaled lightly and walked over to the table with the candle in the middle. He brought the letter over the fire and watch as it turn the porcelain white paper into ash.

He needs to be smart if he wants to live. He needs to always be two steps ahead. He will make sure he survives.

For his Father.

______

For anyone confused, the 'novel' was a Diabolic/Vampire knight x reader kind of story. I wrote it a couple of years ago but deleted it because it was the bane of my existence. 

I think everyone here knows that the Fl in this story is a certain someone from diabolic lovers.