Chapter 10

The servants serving in the Sather family have been around for more than a decade. Some have parents and grandparents who were servants before them, while others were handpicked from the streets.

They had seen everything their masters do and have always been there to satisfy their masters' everyday needs. The life they are living in was peaceful and calm.

But never in their life were they as surprised as they are today.

The image of Hanbal sitting on the all-mighty Duke's lap while drinking a glass of milk was a shocking sight to behold. Since the glass was too thick for Hanbal's small hands, the Duke has his right hand on the bottom of the glass as support while his other hand was wrapped around the child's tiny waist. He was leaning on the large wooden chair with warm eyes and a gentle smile.

From an outsider's perspective, it looks like a cute bonding moment between father and son. But the Sather's servants already knew too much.

Why would the cold unbothered Duke, who is very well known for his brutality and savage ways, act so gentle and loving towards an illegitimate child? The same child they were bullying a couple of days ago.

Oh no.

A sudden realization occurs to them. Oh... Oh. They all thought. The once unfavored child is now being favored by the head of the Sather family. The once unfavored child that they ruthlessly tormented for years is now being favored by the brutal Osric Sather.

Oh.

'Fuck.' Was the only thought that circled in their mind. All the images of them tormenting Hanbal flashed in their head like a flashback. The more they thought about it, the worst their headache gets. It's to the point that they are already writing their will and praying to the Gods for a fast death.

"Love, drink slowly," Osric spoke gently. His large gloved hand rubbed Hanbal's back affectionately.

"Hmm..." Hanbal didn't listen. He was too busy chucking down milk. Just looking at Osric made him feel insecure about his height.

"Haha, are you afraid of not growing?" Osric whispered and affectionately poke Hanbal's soft cheeks.

Duh.

"Don't worry! Being small is cute too!"

It won't be cute when I steal your goddamn knee caps you 7 ft tall gorilla!

"More." Hanbal mumbled and slammed the glass on the table, causing the servants to rush toward them. They didn't want the young master to feel unsatisfied with them. It'll only make their death sentence more painful.

Hanbal watched them with a delightful feeling in his heart. He didn't forget them. He will never forget them. They were one of the many people who pushed Hanbal to his breaking point. Just beating them up with a bucket wasn't enough. He despises people like them. Even though he wants to live a peaceful life, he knows that these people will not let him. So he'll just have to get rid of them.

He'll do something to get rid of them. But not right now. He's still a kid. So he'll just prepare and set up the stage for the final show.

"Papa, room." Hanbal said childishly. Even though he doesn't want to act like a kid, he was forced to by his psycho father.

Osric just nodded and sat up with Hanbal in his arms. He placed the glass on the table and turned to leave.

Hanbal felt like a rag doll being carried around. After spending 2 days with the older male, Hanbal felt suffocated and smothered. His 'papa' won't let him leave his side for more than a couple of minutes, and worst of all, his 'papa' tried to bathe him! But thank god Hanbal still had his ego intact. Because, if he doesn't reject the creepy old man, then he'll be exposed and will never recover from it. Just thinking about it makes Hanbal want to kill everyone here and then himself!

Hanbal wasn't a child! He's a 30-year-old man! He's an old man! Just let him live his life in retirement! Leaveeeeee! 

That was what Hanbal wanted to say, but Osric was too scary. Way too scary for his old heart to handle.

"Papa, I wanna sleep!" Hanbal commanded childishly. Osric just gave out a small chuckle and nodded his head dotingly.

Since he was being pampered to the bone, Hanbal wanted to take advantage of it. He wanted to use them to his advantage. And when the FL arrives, he'll steer clear of her. Even he knew that the FL's halo was no joke.

"Hanbal, tomorrow papa is going into town. Is there anything you want when I'm out?" Osric's deep voice woke Hanbal up from his trance. He looked up and thought to himself.

Wait? The old man is going out? Oh no! Is it that part of the story already? The part where the Duke went out to town and found the Fl eating on the side of the road. Since he recognized those large peach color eyes, and asked the Fl for her name, he realized that the Fl was the daughter of the runaway maid! And since the Fl was also his daughter, he had no choice but to bring her along with him. And that marks the start of the story. 

Why is everything going by so quickly! He hasn't finalized his plans yet! If the Fl arrives, he'll be forever doomed!

Hanbal took a breath in to calm his racing heart and did the only thing he could think of. Take advantage of his child-like appearance.

"U-um, Papa, Hanbal don't want papa to go..." Hanbal pouted cutely and tugged onto Osric's white dress shirt. He stared up into Osric's snake-like eyes and gave his wettest puppy-dog eyes. His pink lips trembled cutely while his pale cheeks puffed up like a adorable hamster. From an outsider's perspective, he looks just like an angel in the presence of a demon.

If this doesn't work, then he'll start crying again. That works before, so why not do that again? Two times the charm, am I right?

"Aw, I'm sorry baby. But papa will return as soon as he can! And to make up for it, papa will buy you a lot of gifts!" Osric rubbed his cheeks onto Hanbal's soft ones. His darling was too cute. His stone cold heart is slowly melting from the cuteness radiating from his little one. 

I don't care about gifts!! Just don't leave you scary old man! Cause if you do, I'll die!!

______

Sorry for not updating. Anyways, is the story a bit too fast pace to you guys? Please tell me so I can rewrite it to make it more evenly paced. Since this story is mainly about romance, I didn't want to bored you guys with the boring stuff. :( And I also don't want this book to be more than 50 chapters long.