Chapter 65

He's tired. Tired of this constant running around...Tired of this cat-and-mouse game he was forced to play, tired of this.

Hanbal screamed as the searing pain struck him. Deep red strokes traveled down his back like a tattoo, marking him as if he were just an animal. Black and blue, it marred his once smooth skin with ugly bumps. It was hideous; it was unsightly, and he felt appalled. He was not one to regret. He was not one to lament. But at this moment, he wished he had never run. To never run and scream, but to stay and let that person do unspeakable things to him.

He cried, screamed, and even begged. But it was relentless. The pain has turned him meek and fearful. The sound of gentle laughter, coupled with those pair of predatory amber eyes that are staring straight at him.

"Stop! It hurts!" He cried, his throat burning from the constant use.

"I'm sorry, my love. But this is for your own good." That cold, expressionless voice shook him to the core.

Hanbal shook, and his hands, which were bound together with metal shackles, started to move above his head. He tried his best to move closer to Osric, hoping that maybe his pitiful state could entice pity.

"Hanbal's sorry. Hanbal won't do it anymore. Hanbal will be good." He sobbed, trying his best to avoid the ongoing whipping.

Osric sighed, his cold, expressionless face softening as he leaned down to pat Hanbal's hair. "Does it hurt, my dear? Do you hate it?" He spoke, and his voice was soft like the clouds.

Hanbal nodded his head, his eyes brimming with hope. But before he could even open his mouth to beg, his hair was yanked roughly, causing his scalp to bleed. The pain from his bleeding head overwhelmed the burning pain from the barbed whip. It was to the point that he didn't even notice that the whip had stopped.

"It hurts, right? Do you want it to stop? Do you?"

"Yes! Please! I beg of you!"

Like a child, he sobbed with snot and bitter tears. He was so used to the gentle, doting Osric that he had forgotten who he really was. A demon with thorns and a smile filled with sharp iron teeth Oh, how he wished to go back in time. To when he first ran off and disappeared. If he was smarter, he would've stayed and let that man do whatever he wanted with his own body. At least that was better than this.

Osric smiled; his amber eyes curled into two crescent moons, glowing and shimmering beneath the dim light. Then he opened his mouth, cold and heartless, and spoke, "My beloved, only this way would you learn to behave."

Without any other words, he turned his heels and walked back to his golden throne-like chair. His face was unpleasant, and his demeanor was stern and dark. Hanbal watched, his eyes widening with fear and dread. He could no longer feel anything. It was as if icy-cold water had splashed all over him.

How did this happen?

When he first got back to the manor, he was immediately seized by the guards. Their muscular arms and tight armor wrapped themselves around his arm, dragging him from hall to hall until they reached a familiar room.

And like a rag doll, he was thrown in with the door shutting coldly behind him. Shaking like a newborn deer, he got up, his demeanor meek and timid. He didn't have the guts to even look at the man sitting behind the large wooden desk.

"Where have you been?" Osric said, his voice calm and composed.

Hanbal felt the hair on his arms stands up from worry. At this moment, he wished that Osric would just yell and hit him. At least it was less scary than this.

"I asked you. Where have you been?" Calm and composed, to the point that it was borderline frightening.

"...Out..." Hanbal mumbled, his eyes glancing around the room while his fingers clenched underneath his sleeve.

"Where?"

"...."

"Hanbal. Where?"

"I...I don't know..."

"You don't know?"

"Yes..." Hanbal bit his lips, sensing the oncoming danger rushing at him from all angles.

"When you ran off, did you ever think of the consequences? Of the dangers? Did you?"

"Yes...I did..."

"But you still chose to run off?"

"Yes."

It was silence. Hanbal was too scared to glance up. The beating of his heart overwhelmed his senses, taking over his mind and instilling trepidation and worry. Suddenly, the chair creaked, and then the sound of footsteps filled the silent room.

Thump

Thump

It was walking straight towards him.

Thump

Thump

It stopped right in front of him.

With a long breath, he lifted his head up while trying his best to look calm and confident. Fear won't do him any good, he tells himself. He'll have to deal with this problem head-on. After all, Osric seemed to really like him. It's not like he will do anything bad to him, his beloved Hanbal, right? He just needs to choose his words carefully and act.

"Daddy, Hanbal is sor-"

Smack

A pain. It was burning; it was shocking.

Hanbal froze, his brain numbed with surprise. His teeth shook from the impact, and his salty, hot tears slowly traveled down his cheeks. It burns, Hanbal thought. It hurts. It only took him a moment to realize he had been slapped. By Osric of all people.

He didn't know what happened after that. It was all a blur. All he could remember was being dragged down to the basement and chained to the walls with a whip constantly marking him from behind.

It hurts, he told himself. But did he deserve it?

_____

Lmao, sorry for being away :D I was almost r worded and had to go to court to fight this son of a bitch :) Anyways, I'm gonna be skipping over many parts to make it juicier.