Chapter 20

To be honest, Hanbal already knew the Fl was outside the door before she knocked. Throughout the last few days, he has been reading the footsteps of those who approached his room. It became a normal thing for him. He had memorized the different footsteps of different people and could tell who's footsteps belonged to who.

It was the original Hanbal's ability. He has been doing this for years now. Due to the fear he had for the servants, who were meant to serve him, he started to remember their footsteps in case he needs to run and hide. Since some servants were more violent than others, Hanbal memorized the footsteps of the aggressive ones and used them to buy himself some time out.

Ever since then, Hanbal (Ye Joon) has begun to unconsciously listen to the footsteps of those around him. And every day, after the footstep of old butler Shen becomes faint, a new set of footsteps would emerge. Hanbal doesn't know the true intentions behind her actions. But all he knows was that whatever it is, he knows to not trust it.

Sneaking around in the dead of night was already bad enough, but carrying around a glass of water filled with floating particles was worse. And the smell reminded him of the pool back in his original world. Was the Fl trying to make him sick by giving him contaminated water? That's strange. He doesn't remember this part in the novel? Did he skip this part of the novel on accident?

Today was already the fifth time she made her 'nightly visits'. He could tell she was getting impatient since her footsteps became rougher and more dramatic. And she has been approaching him quicker every day. Like today, old butler Shen's footsteps have yet to fade and she's already out and knocking on his door.

He plans to ignore all her nightly visits, but it's starting to annoy him.

Why can't she just understand that he doesn't want to be anywhere near her? Did she think that being persistent will help her in any way?

Even though he was beyond annoyed by the constant knocking, he was also grateful that the Fl was relentless. Because this means she's placing all her attention on him and not on the others. If he doesn't do anything to her while spontaneously keeping her attention away from the others, then she won't have a reason to run away nor create a bond with them. And this will help him buy more time to plan out for the future.

Because he knows that no matter what happens, the Fl and the Ml will meet, even if the plot is being stirred from the inside. So instead of trying fruitlessly to stop the two, he'll just prolong the time, and when they successfully meant, he'll be gone and out of their hair.

And if his original plan doesn't work, he'll use Osric's current favoritism as a shield. After realizing that Osric's feelings were somewhat genuine, Hanbal decided to use it as an advantage against all the death flags. He'll be sure to put Osric and his no-good siblings to good use.

"Ah, you are so smart Hanbal!" He smirked to himself and began to stab the food with his fork.

As a poor lower-class citizen in a developing country, Hanbal was used to milking every last drop of everything. His father has always taught him that everything can be an opportunity if you know what you are looking for.

So that's what he's going to be doing. Milk everything and escape. All he'll have to do is act cute and cry. He was grateful that the original Hanbal has such a pretty face. It makes things so much easier for him.