Chapter 23

Osric stared at the person sitting on the expensive chair in front of him with an unreadable face. The person's red hair streamed down his shoulders like a cascade while his eyes glowed a deep orange. Although he was only 14 years old, the aura he emit was suffocating enough to make an average human down on their knees.

He held a gentle smile on his face and an innocent look in his eyes. But Osric knew better.

Ever since his birth, his hair and eyes surprised the empire. He shared the same hair and eye color as the first king who ruled the kingdom for over 100 years. He was the founder who wondered and found devoid land. From then on, he set his camp and took in lost souls who need a place to stay.

"Czar. What brings you here?" Osric demanded and crossed his legs. He glared at the child with extreme detest in his eyes.

Czar ignored the unwelcoming aura and set his teacup down on the table. His gentle smile never flattering one bit. "I'm only here to meet my fiancé. Is that wrong of me to do so?"

He laughed lightly and stared into Osric's amber-colored eyes. Despite his gentle face, he was the true devil who hides behind the mask of an angel.

"Hm, what makes you think he will agree to the marriage proposal?" Osric said tauntingly at the ever-so temperate crown prince.

Ever since Czar came over for a visit, he began to follow Hanbal around in the dark like a lost chick. The first time he met Hanbal was a couple of weeks ago. When he saw the little white dove beat up a servant, a whistle made its way out of his mouth. 

Only a couple of years ago, Hanbal was nothing but a timid little bird who always hide behind his father. But now, he is starting to grow into a beautiful snow leopard with the prettiest pair of sunny eyes.

It's safe to say that he has fallen for the beauty the moment he saw him again.

Someday, he will lock away the rare snow leopard and enjoy his beauty all on his own.

"And what makes you think he will reject a marriage proposal from royalty?" Czar laughed temporarily and picked up the teacup to take another sip. He doesn't care if the tea was poisoned or not. As a royalty and the future emperor, he was obligated to take a small dose of poison every day to build an immune system. So if he were poisoned, there is an extremely low chance of him dying from it.

Osric hummed lightly and set the teacup down. His eyes remained dark and focused, like a fox spotting prey. His canine smile stretched from ear to ear in amusement.

"Do you think I care if you were royalty?" Osric said mockingly.

"Haha, you're funny for saying such a bold statement in front of royalty. I applaud your braveness. " Czar laughed cheerily and gave Osric a closed-eye smile. He acts as if Osric was nothing but a joke.

But Osric already knew how to deal with people like that child. Such a friendly little mask can't deceive him. No, not one bit. That brat needs to try harder to impress him. But even if he did impress him, Osric would still not give his precious child to that selfish brat. It might sound hypocritical of him, but he doesn't care. Hanbal was born from his seed. They were meant to be together as father and child for eternity.

Osric and Czar looked at each other with extreme detest in both of their eyes.

Czar was aware that acting like a peacock in a den of foxes would mean nothing but trouble and death. He knows that the Sather family never cared about the royal family and would raze it to the ground. Just like what they did to the previous one. But Czar has a reason for his boldness.

Even though he was just a 14-year-old child, his influence was bigger than most nobles combine. His whole life revolves around gaining power from the commoners and most of the prime ministers, so he is allowed to be bold. He already has plans in mind to counterattack the sly foxes.

Ah, speaking of boldness. He wonders if his little leopard has gotten his letter yet. After going back to the castle to get his imperial father's permission, he immediately returned to show the Grand Duke the letter of engagement.

Czar crossed his legs and stared at the silent man in front of him.

"Remember, this is an engagement between me and Hanbal. The third-party should just sit by and watch." Czar said kindly and pushed the letter closer to the older man. His deep orange eyes shone in excitement when he felt the extreme hatred the older man was emitting. Good. Get mad. Become livid. It doesn't matter whether he's a powerful Grand Duke or the cousin of a royal family. But hitting a royal is a crime that no one can escape from. If Grand Duke Osric hits royalty, then punishment is inescapable.

Then, marrying Hanbal will be easy.

"You are right your majesty. Let's ask him what he thinks." Osric calmed his rabid breathing and grabbed the proposal letter.

Czar's friendly mask slightly falter but quickly reformed itself. "Ah..."

If Hanbal rejects it, then he'll just have to do something about it.

Osric got up at a leisure pace and gracefully grab the letter with a smile. His slit eyes narrowed at the smiling Czar and viciously said:

"Now if you'd excuse me, it's almost time for my cake date with Hanbal."

The over condescending tone and mocking smile made Czar's nerves boil like a kettle on the stovetop. He clenched his fist and nodded nonchalantly.

Soon. He thought to himself. Soon, he'll capture his beloved snow leopard and get rid of the nuisance once and for all. 

--------

It's kind of rushed. But who cares. I know things are a little confusing now, but it'll be explained later on in the story.