Chapter 43

Long ago Bak Young-Soo met a bright young boy who brought colors into his grey world. He was lonely and afraid. Afraid of the darkness that seemed to cloud his mind and soul until he could no longer think or feel like a human.

His mother was a businesswoman who worked and worked from day to night while his father was never home. Frequently, his mother would come for only a couple of minutes at a time but after that, she was gone. His father was the same.

But when he turned 10, things started to change. His mother and father would stick around more often. But only to train him. To turn him into the perfect heir to carry the business after they retire.

He was never their son. He was just someone to pass the legacy to.

When he turned 12, he learned to not care anymore. He no longer felt sorrow whenever his mother and father would leave for weeks and sometimes months. He no longer felt joy whenever they would come back from their trips. He no longer felt the need to care about such things as emotions.

All he could feel and see were grey. Grey faces, grey sounds and grey words.

Honestly, he was tired of it all. He was tired of the nagging and the consistent ordering. He was tired of the loud noises and the disappointed look on their faces whenever he couldn't finish a piano piece in a day. He was tired of the comparing and the degrading. He was tired of it all. He couldn't care less about their fragile ego and tender reputation.

He was tired. So so tired.

He had nothing to live for. Nothing to love and nothing to hate. All he could feel was the lingering black hole in his chest where his heart was supposed to be. He can no longer find it in himself to care anymore. Not about his parents or himself.

That was until he met him.

He could still remember it like it was just yesterday. When he was alone, a bright young boy came to him and smiled at him. Smiled. At someone like him.

Suddenly, he felt his dead cold heart skip a beat. Colors soon filled his vision and the darkness that clouded his head soon cleared up. For the first time in his life, he felt alive.

He could still feel the lingering touches and the taste of candy.

"Why are you sad?" The boy with the prettiest eyes said. The smile that was previously on his face had vanished and a straight line replaced it.

"...My parents are mad at me..." He pouted and hugged his knees underneath the tree.

"Oh. Bummer." The boy said with a plain voice. Parents get mad at their children a lot. Its common for them to get mad. Even is gently appa gets mad at him sometimes. Ifs normal. But despite that, he still sat down beside the boy. "Why are they mad? Did you do something to make them mad?"

"...They said I was a bad boy because I couldn't play Beethoven's Hammerklavier within a week..." He replied and stared at the ground.