Chapter 46

+ I had to edit some stuff so I'm sorry for deleting it+

When he woke up, the entire mansion was in disarray. The servants who are usually cheerful all act like zombies. They all had dark circles underneath their eyes and their usual upright posture seemed to slouch into an arc. They all act as if they've just finished one of their 9 to 5 jobs in a big corporation.

A friendly doctor told him that he had been in a coma for over two weeks straight with no sign of waking up. So the fact that I woke up earlier than she'd expected came as a surprise to her.

Honestly, he couldn't even remember what had happened before he fainted nor the reason why he had fainted. Everything was a blur to him. The only thing he could remember was his meeting with a Goddess. The thought of him being in a whole new world with his killer still shocks him. He doesn't want to believe it, but the fact that he's already here just proves it.

But what about that bastard? Whose body is he in? How many people did he take over? Who did he take over? He already has his suspicions, but for now, he'll just...observe.

Hanbal sighed lightly to himself and slowly got out of bed. His limbs were still stiff from laying in bed for half a month. He was only able to move his limbs a couple of days ago when the doctor declared him strong enough to make short trips on his own.

From the moment he woke up, the servants and the guards increased tenfold, and whenever he peeks out of his bedroom, he would see a line of guards standing by his door. But there was no Cain. He couldn't even catch a glimpse of Cain anywhere.

However, no matter how hard he tries to ask the guards, they would only look away with an uncomfortable look on their faces. And he can't even go look for his beloved without his legs giving out every 10 minutes or someone trying to 'help' him.

Sometimes, he wished he could just dig a hole and lie in there for years. That way he could finally be alone. For someone like him who has never been served by anyone but a waiter, it feels strange to constantly have someone at your beck and call. No matter how long he stayed in this damned place, he could never get used to it.

And what's worst than not being able to do things on your own is the constant coddling from Osric and his sons. Everywhere he went, he would feel their eyes constantly following him. Whenever he thinks he is alone, he would feel their eyes burning through his back like lasers.

When Hanbal started to walk back to his bed, the door suddenly swung open revealing the familiar peach color eyes and snow-white hair.

Ah, great. Another headache. Since he woke up from his coma, the Fl has been regularly visiting him with snacks and flowers. He doesn't know how she managed to convince the guards to let her in since they refused to let anyone in before. Man, the protagonist's halo is really supreme.

Now that he thinks about it. The Goddess did say that he wasn't supposed to be in this world. So that could only mean this world was supposed to be for someone else.

Just by looking at the 'Fl', he could tell something was off. She hasn't been acting or doing things to progress the plotline. Wait...

Oh... Oh.

He wasn't supposed to be here because there was already someone here before him. Someone...Before him...

He look up at the smiling Fl and narrowed his eyes suspiciously. He could be wrong, but the evidence seems to pile right before him. He needs to confirm it without looking like he lost his mind. But..how?

"Sister! How are you!?" He said happily and slowly sat on the edge of his bed.

"I am doing very well! How about you dear brother?" She said cheerfully. Her gentle voice feels so sickly sweet that it makes Hanbal's hair rise up.

"I am actually doing fine. I've actually been reading this really amazing book that father brought for me! Do you wanna read it?"

Berenike laughed nervously and started to twiddle her thumbs. "I, um, I do not know how to...read..."

"Oh...right...But do you still want to know what it's about?"

"Um, sure? Is it a fairy tale?" She asked and sat down on one of his chairs.

"Sorta..."

"Really? I love fairytales! My mother used to always tell me fairytale stories every night before I fall asleep!"

Hanbal gave the excited girl a crooked smile. Funny, fairytales don't even exist in this world.

____

You guys are slowly turning into cult and I don't know how to feel about that.