Chapter 5

"Um, f-" No, he's not Ye Joon's father. When Hanbal was only 5, he was told to never call his father, 'father'. Hanbal was viewed as an embarrassment due to him being born from a love affair. His mother was a noblewoman who Osric Sather took interest in. His mother was a rare beauty with the strength of a warrior. She has the personality of a tiger and the ambition of a serpent.

But despite her cunning ways, she had always been a caring and kind person. Whenever she was with Hanbal, her stone-cold face melted and her walls came down. She loved Hanbal very dearly and would spoil him with love and affection.

But when her sister, the wife of Osric Sather, found out about Hanbal, she grew green with envy and demanded the church bring her down and execute her.

Since his mother had broken one of the Ten Commandments, she was executed the next day. And since Osric Sather has a higher status, he was exempted from punishment.

"I mean, sir. I heard you were looking for me." Hanbal said politely. His eyes never left the ground due to nervousness. It was quiet at first. The only thing that was making noise was the scratching from the pen.

But then, the sound of the chair scraping the floor filled the room. It was followed by footsteps and soon, the smell of sandalwood filled Hanbal's nose.

Slowly, Hanbal glanced up and gasped at the sheer size of Osric. His 7 ft figure loomed over Hanbal's measly 4 ft height. Long black hair ran down his muscular body like a waterfall while his amber-color eyes glowed like a pair of stars.

Hanbal knew Osric was handsome and tall, but he didn't think he was this handsome and tall.

"G-greetings, sir..." Hanbal said sheepishly. Those eyes are causing him to shiver in absolute terror. But he tried to keep his voice steady and light.

"Son, why haven't you been visiting me?" Osric's deep voice broke Hanbal's train of thoughts.

Huh?

"I've missed you so much..." Hanbal froze in shock. He didn't move or reply. What with the affectionate voice? Why are his eyes filled with so much affection? And why is there a smile on his face? Is Osric gonna kill him? But he just got here?

"Come to papa." Hanbal squeaks in surprise when he feels Osric picking him up and carrying him to the work corner. Osric then sat down on the chair and sat Hanbal on his lap. Hanbal wanted nothing more than to scratch the old man in the face and run away. The embarrassment was too much for him to handle.

"W-what are you doing, sir?" Hanbal said and glanced up at the old man's handsome face.

"Didn't I tell you to call me papa? Aish, you must have forgotten. But it's ok, papa forgives you." What the hell is this old man on about? Didn't you hate Hanbal? Why are you acting so nice? This feels wrong. Very wrong.

"Um, sir-"

"Papa."

"P-papa, can you let me go..?" Hanbal said slowly. This man is too scary for Hanbal to handle. Even though he was about the same age as the man, he can't help but fear this man. His aura is very suffocating and his size only makes it worse.

"Why would I let you go? You fit so snuggly on my lap." Osric said nonchalantly. His luscious deep voice made it sound...not so child friendly.

"Please papa, I'm a big boy now. I'm already too old to be sitting on your lap." Hanbal said in his best 'shy' voice. He started playing with his sleeve and looked up at his 'father'. But the moment he looked up, he saw dark eyes staring at him. Those eyes were filled with possessiveness and dark intent. It sends a shiver down Hanbal's spine.

"No matter how big you are, you are still my baby. Now hush, papa is working." Osric gave Hanbal a soft 'smile' before moving his gaze to the paper in his hand.

I don't care what I am to you. Just let me leave, you are making me uncomfortable! That is what Hanbal should've said, but couldn't because he was just an ant compared to this giant.

The only thing Hanbal could do was sulk silently and twiddle his thumbs. He looked around the room and spotted a gap in the door. He glanced up at the handsome man before glancing at the door again.

'Ok...the old man's occupied. Time to run.' Hanbal smirked to himself before jumping from Osric's lap and running towards the door. He ran as fast as his short legs could. He didn't dare look back and just continued running.

He ran until his legs burned and his chest gasped for air. He no longer care if he was gonna be punished. Because he fears being close to the old man and then being punished.