Chapter 61

The sky was dark and grim with little stars dancing merrily above. The trees swayed gently with the cool midsummer breeze. Underneath the vast atmosphere were two teens, breathtaking like the pure white snow falling from the idylls.

One, with long white hair and golden eyes, stared deeply at the other with an unknown emotion caking his face. The silence was deafening, it suffocates the surrounding areas and placed an almost invisible barrier around them.

Then, plum pink lips moved. Like angels singing from above, Hanbal opened his mouth and spoke.

"... It's been a while...sister," he whispered, his voice calm and steady.

The woman, just as beautiful, smiled lightly and leaned against a nearby tree. A thin layer of sweat covered her soft, supple skin like honey. "Yeah...it has been. How are you, brother?"

Hanbal opened and closed his mouth. He didn't know what to say. After a long chain of events, he was tired and just want to find a hole to lie in. He wants to just lie down and forget everything.

"How did you find me?" He asked, eyebrows furrowing into a lovely arc.

He was sure that the Fl was someone who reincarnated as well. Although he wasn't too sure, since his presence might've disrupted this timeline's stride, he was still at least 90% sure.

"...Brother...Hanbal. You and I. We aren't too different from one another..." Berenike whispered, her breath was hot against the cool wind.

Hanbal narrowed his eyes lightly before crossing his arms. He was still wearing the silk wedding dress, so his body was extra sensitive to the wind.

"What makes you think so?" Hanbal asked, ready to hear the truth coming from her lips. His face was calm and cold, but his heart was racing with excitement. The thought of the Fl being someone who has also reincarnated has driven him crazy for a while. He feared the Fl who knows too much, but at the same time, he was also happy to find someone like him.

"Truthfully, I am someone from another world... My real name is Kim Eun-Yeong. And I am a 50-year-old woman!" Berenike said, her face determined and relentless. She stared at Hanbal with a sharp and unyielding pair of peach-blossom eyes. She was ready for anything he'll throw at her. Maybe he'll be happy, or maybe he'll be upset. Or maybe he'll be angry. Angry that another person has infiltrated his territory. Angry that she has hidden it from him for a long time.

But nothing of the sort happened. Instead, he just replied with a simple and uninterested "Oh".

Flabbergasted and confused, Berenike tried to make sense of this situation.

"..Y-yeah! And w-who are you?"

Hanbal took a moment to think. His mind races with thoughts and fading memories. He no longer has the privileged to remember his past self. The little memories that made him who he was are now nothing but dust. His name is lost and gone. His identity was no more. He was no longer someone else.