Chapter 32

The girl looked at him with slightly wet eyes and trembling lips. Without another word, she turned and left the room.

It made him look like an evil person who's bullying a pure and innocent girl for no reason. But he didn't do anything. All he did was answer her congratulatory comments with a simple thanks.

But people want to think what they want to think. Upon seeing the sweet innocent girl running away after approaching him, some people were already gossiping to each other and looking at him with a slight excusatory look on their faces.

He could tell they wanted to talk to him, berate him, and tell him how bad it is to make a girl cry, but they knew better than to approach him with his father around.

Osric has been emitting a suffocating aura ever since they entered the banquet hall. Osric has already put out his claim on Hanbal. Everyone could immediately tell from a first glance.

Because it's not every day you get to see a highly respected noble putting down their dignity to match with their kids. And it's Osric they're talking about. Everyone knows that Osric was a man who was untouchable by even the royal family. He was a man with supreme blood and the highest standings in society. He was the person everyone wished to be.

So when they saw how Osric came down while holding the infamous youngest son, Hanbal Sather, in his arms, they knew to be on their best behavior. None of Osric's previous kids had the privilege to be held by Osric, so it's obvious who is the favored one in the family.

Not only did he hold Hanbal in his arms on his debut day, but he also wore matching outfits with his youngest son. And most importantly, he was given the privilege to wear the crown that's been taken from the last royal family that fell from glory. The crown was previously worn by Empress Rostova, a very powerful Empress who had the entire kingdom in the palm of her hands.

She is known to be as strong as an ox and as cunning as a fox. She far exceeded many of the previous rulers with her skills in court and her ability to twist and manipulate people.

It was obvious that a person like her is on the peak of the highest mountain.

Not only was she strong as an ox, but she was also as stubborn as one and would easily break under pressure. She is extremely smart with her words, but sometimes her words would backfire on her.

She refused to listen to anyone and instead march on her drums. That was why the previous head of the Sather family was able to gain control of the entire kingdom right underneath her nose. If she were to listen to her advisors at that time, she'd probably be alive and thriving right now.

Now that she and her entire family got dethroned and persecuted, the previous head of the Sather family took her crown as a trophy and a way to show people the might of his family.

And currently, the crown is on his head. Of course, he didn't know the origin of the crown. To him, it was just a crown that he was forced to wear. But to others, it was a declaration of some sort. A way for Osric to say that he is and will always be the favored son.