Chapter 42

I wrote this a couple days ago before my wrist broke and just forgot to post it. So here is a chapter before I go on hiatus.

______

Lately, Ye Joon has been feeling antsier than usual. Every time he left his house, he always felt like there were eyes on him. It felt like his every move was being documented and recorded on video. He doesn't understand the reason why he was feeling this way, but he hates it.

He hates having to look back every second to see if anyone is behind him. He hates having to feel self-conscious whenever he is alone. Even when he's sleeping or showering, it always feels as though someone is constantly beside him.

Watching him.

Observing him like he's a piece of art in a museum.

Could it be a stalker?

No, why would anyone like him have a stalker? He's an average guy. There is no way someone would find him interesting enough to stalk him.

If he does have a stalker, then that stalker is probably the most bored person on earth.

He isn't too sure if it's a stalker or if it's just his paranoia. But whatever it is, he hopes it will leave him soon. He doesn't want to worry about a stalker watching his every movement. He just wants to live peacefully.

"Joonie? Are you leaving soon?" His appa called out from the kitchen. Ye Joon turned to smile sweetly at his father.

"Yep! Is there anything you need before I go?" He asked gently.

"Um, we are out of oil. So could you stop by the groceries store on your way back? If that isn't too much of a trouble."

"Nah, it's fine appa! I'll be back soon!" Ye Joon replied cheerfully and waved goodbye.

Since his neighborhood is in a remote place, there are barely any markets or restaurants nearby. Fortunately, there is a single-family-owned grocery store just 10 minutes away. It's a small and humble place with very reasonable prices. It's been around before he was even born!

Usually, Ye Joon doesn't have a problem with going there every once in a while whenever his father is too busy to grocery shop. Everything is fine with the grocery store. Everything but the creepy guy who usually works as a cashier.

That guy is insanely creepy. He likes to flirt with women who go in and out of the store. And what's worse is that he doesn't spare the males either!

A guy who lived a few houses down from him is a pretty boy with green eyes whose mother works as a prostitute. They aren't particularly close, but they are close enough to talk every once in a while.

Every time they would talk, it would always be about the creepy cashier guy who's trying to grope him every time he goes to buy something.

Ye Joon pity the guy for having to deal with such creepy behavior. And he also feels bad for all the women who go through that every day. Why can't these people just keep to themselves and act like normal human beings? People like those are the scums of the earth and the garbage that the Gods threw away. Sometimes, humans are even more like an animal than actual animals.

When he reached the grocery store, he took out the thin grocery bag and walked in. It was one of the many bags his appa saved up from the many grocery trips. He probably has a few dozens of these bags underneath the sink somewhere...

Ye Joon hummed softly and walked over to the aisle where they place their cooking oil and grabbed the cheapest one there is. While he walked over to pay for his supply, the cashier began to give him the 'seductive' eyes. He was leaning on the counter with his arms crossed. His beady little eyes traced his every movement and made him feel disgusted and revolted.

"Hey, sweet cheeks. Fancy meeting you here." The cashier purred and wiggled his eyebrows.

Ye Joon just silently glared and ignored the male.

"You know, you're the first male customer I have in a while. It's good to see some fresh meat every once in a while, haha!"

God. Ye Joon just wants to strangle that donkey-looking motherfucker.

"Sheesh~ Ignoring me sweet cheeks?"

Yes. So shut up and let me leave.

Just as he was about to pay for the oil, the cashier suddenly changed his flirtishly look on his face into a serious one. He suddenly leaned closer and looked around as if trying to see if anyone's close by. The sudden change in mood caught him off guard.

"Hey, Ye Joon. I'm only saying this once as a warning to you. So listen carefully, ok?"

Ye Joon just looked on with suspicion but nodded his head.

"Ok, so do you remember the pretty son of the prostitute?" The cashier asked in a hushed voice.

"Yeah? What about it?" Ye Joon replied, annoyed and slightly put off.

"Just a week ago, I saw him leave the club with a rich-looking guy only to come back looking a little...different."

"Ok? And what does that got to do with me?"

"... He returned but..." The cashier guy paused his sentence and looked out with suspicious eyes. " He returned with all his limbs gone and his head wrapped like a little present! The prostitute screamed so loud that it woke up the entire neighborhood"

Ye Joon furrowed his eyebrows. Why has he never heard of this? He lives pretty close to her and her son. Why didn't he know about this sooner?

"Again. Why are you telling me this?"

"I'm telling you this because I've seen him (the rich guy) around the neighborhood almost every day! And what's worst is that every time I see him, I would see you!"

Immediately, Ye Joon felt a chill climbing up his back. The hair in his body began to rise up while his blood ran cold. Everyday? Every. Day?

"W-what? Is this a joke?" Ye Joon snarled and grabbed the cashier by the collar. The cashier guy just put up his hands and shrugged carelessly.

"I'm just telling you because your dad is a friend of mine. Plus, I would be sad if another pretty boy is gone from the neighborhood~" The cashier smirked causing Hanbal to feel even more irritated and sick. He threw the money at the cashier and quickly gather his things to live.

"Be careful out there sweet cheeks! It's a dangerous world for someone like you! Hahaha!!"

Some day, he's going to murder that guy and feed him to his parents.

When Ye Joon was on his way back to his home a dark figure came out of the shadow and lit the cigarette bud. He grabbed the cigarette with his two fingers and blew a puff of smoke before smiling softly.

Soon... Very. Very. Soon...

______

Yall's for some reason: