just tipsy

i take a look around the building as i walk into a huge party with my older brother, jack, and his best friend, asher.

he's been best friends with asher since they were in elementary school, and now they're both juniors in college. i'm 2 years younger than them, a college freshman.

the two of them go to the same school, and i go to a school nearby in the same city, so we all live in a local house together.

even though i'm 18 years old now, jack still sees me as his 'baby sister'. 

so does asher.

it's the beginning of the school year, so i'm still pretty new to college parties. i was at one before when i was still in high school, but that's because jack was supposed to be 'spending time with me while visiting home' and got invited to a party, so he just brought me along and told mom we were going out to look at christmas lights.

"you can drink if you want, but i don't want to see you anything more than tipsy, got it?" jack orders.

"then don't see me and there won't be a problem" i shrug.

asher chuckles and walks out into the crowd while jack grumbles and mouths, "don't" in the most mom tone possible. so i respond exactly how he deserves.

"okay, mom."

i spin around on my heel and go out in a different direction, hopefully to the kitchen, to find myself a drink.

a few people bump into me on the way there, but when i make it i hit the jack pot.

beers, liquors, jello shots, white claws, and pretty much anything else you can imagine a college student to drink.

i down a liquor shot and grab myself a drink before venturing back out.

i literally don't know anyone here besides jack and asher so maybe this is my chance to make college friends.

i asked jack's girlfriend, juliet, if she wanted to come along, but she said she's working the night shift tonight and won't be done until 11.

her and i are really close since she's been with jack for almost two years now. i don't blame him, she's pretty hot.

"oh em gee, is that who i think it is?" i hear a feminine voice call to me. i turn around and see a tall brunette standing before me.

"i'm sorry, what's your name again?" i ask, pretending i have any idea who she is.

"sorry, i'm amelie. one of your brother's friends. you're aria, no?" she clarifies with a thick french accent.

i chuckle, "yep, that's me. do you live around here?"

she smiles warmly and nods, "yeah, i go to evergreen university. you?"

how have i never heard of her before??

"so do i! i'm a freshman" i beam.

"sophomore" she nods.

i look around quick, then back to amelie.

"if you aren't with anyone, would you wanna hang with me for the night?" i ask boldly.

she grins, "i'm here with a couple friends, but you're welcome to join us!"

i guess making new friends was easier than i thought it would be.

"sure, thanks!" i sing as she walks me towards two girls, one as tall as her and one significantly shorter. probably about the same height as me.

the two wave to amelie before i'm introduced.

"you guys remember my friend jack, right? this is his sister, aria. cool if she chills with us?"