shorts

"so you're telling me," pip starts, pointing her fork at me, "he unzipped your dress and you didn't make any moves? not even accidentally drop it down your chest a little?"

i groan and stab into my pancake. "i already told you i leaned back toward him and put one of my hands on his knee."

"remember, pip, we don't want him to fall in love just because of her body and sexual shit" juliet starts, voice low because we're in a restaurant, "he has to fall in love with her personality, too. otherwise, he probably won't get an emotional soft spot for her. which is unfair to the bet, because if he still treats her like a good fuck like all the other girls and nothing else, she wins. it would be rigged" she finishes, then looks at me. "right? you agree it would be rigged if you did that?"

and she's absolutely right. no sex out of me until this bet is settled. i'm not sure if i can hold back from all touching because that's kinda essential to the flirting process, but no sex until i win this bet.

i nod to juliet, and we both look back to pip, who groans and stirs her straw around in her water.

"you really want to hold her back from having sex? sex could make this so much more interesting" pip sighs.

"she's right, pip" i tail, "if we have sex, he's gonna fall in love with the sex, not me."

pip sits up and discreetly slams her hands on the table, so only we know how dramatic she's about to be.

"okay but technically," pip starts, pointing her finger at me, "we didn't specify if he had to be falling in love with all of you, or if he just had to fall in love with an idea of you. as long as he catches a soft spot for you, we win."

"i think it's pretty obvious, pippers" i frown, wishing i didn't have to agree with juliet. it would be so much easier to just fuck him good enough to catch feelings for me because of how easy he probably is, but i have to win this bet. i'm in too deep to lose.

"straight people are boring" she mumbles to herself, watching her pointer finger and thumb roll her straw between them.

"then i guess it makes sense that i'm bi" i shrug. "i agree with how fun the sex part could be, but i still have to agree with the rules, too."

pip's eye practically bulge out of her head as she stares at me in complete bewilderment with a hand over her mouth to probably contain a noise that's too obnoxious to hear at this time of morning.

"you... you're..." she stutters, before lifting her arm subtly and flicking her wrist. i nod slowly with a smile, and she lights up. "i knew it!" she beams.

i smirk and lower my voice, "so what, you tryna kiss?"

"focus, aria" juliet interrupts with a finger flick to my arm, "you're supposed to be going after asher, not pip."

"what a shame" pip sighs.

one day.

"alright, any- anyways, is there anything i should be doing in specific? since you apparently have a rule book memorized" i ask juliet, raising an eyebrow.

she shakes her head no, "just keep doing what you're doing, as long as you aren't having sex with him."

i raise my hand like a pledge, "no sex... until i win, then i'll finally let him use me if i'm feeling up to it by then."

"aria" juliet groans, "he's gonna have a sweet spot for you, you'll see. he isn't gonna use you for sex once or twice then throw you out."

"you know what, i don't even know which side of the bet i wanna be on anymore. i think aria having sex with her brother's best friend would be a lot more fun" pip inputs. juliet digs back into her eggs in defeat, but i can still see the pure desire to win in her eyes. 'i don't care about winning' my ass.