lonely

"alright, aria" juliet starts, "it's the end of the week. time for the weekly update on the bet."

tonight is friday, and the girls ended up both staying the night last night. pip is going home probably soon because she can't stay overnight again, and it's already 9pm.

obviously juliet is staying over again. she has the entire weekend off and basically lives here to begin with.

"well, what do you want to hear?" i ask.

about every friday since the bet was made, juliet and pip make me have a conference with them to give updates on asher and i.

"just the same things we discussed last week. progress, what you've been doing with him-"

"if you've been doing him" pip cuts in. juliet and i both glare at her, and she simply shrugs and chuckles to herself.

what we've been doing together?

well there's definitely been a big change since the last update. not completely sure if i should be exposing that yet or not.

maybe i'll tell pip later, but juliet would probably be disappointed that im playing dirty to win. i'm not cheating intentionally, things just happen sometimes.

"we went shopping together to get new clothes for me because he gave my shorts away. just went down to the plaza and dropped into a few stores" i tell half-truthfully. sure, that did happen. but that's very much not the whole story. "got some build-a-bears while we were in the area, too." still not the whole story.

"awww did you get matching bears?" juliet coos in excitement.

"nah, he got a pink one that's a little bit smaller than mine and i got a brown one."

pip hums and nods, then jumps back into the original conversation.

"so what did he do when you showed him your skirt last night?" she asks, swinging her legs behind her on my bed.

sigh.

"weren't you both eavesdropping anyway? why would i need to explain that?" i defend.

"i didn't ask what he said, i'm asking what he did. bite his lip, start breathing heavy, pop a bone-"

"none of the above" i interrupt, not wanting her to finish that sentence at all. she's lucky she's hot.

pip rolls onto her back and lets her head dangle off the side of the bed, eyes studying me lazily.

"so? what did he do?" she asks.

i guess explaining this isn't half as bad as explaining what happened in the car.

whatever.

"well... he looked me up and down VERY closely, like he was trying to take everything about me in. and he placed his hand on my hip to adjust me in order to get a better view of me while smirking" i admit.

juliet gasps dramatically and starts playfully slapping my knee over and over in shock. "you're joking! oh my god, that's perfect!"

that was easily the best reaction i could have gotten from her. thank fuck she isn't upset.

"and for your side of the bet, i'm looking at you, jules" i start, pointing to juliet, "for the wholesome part of it, he made sure to make a bit of the pasta last night without chicken for me before adding the chicken to the whole thing because he knew that i usually don't like chicken in my fettuccine alfredo."

after saying that, i swear juliet is about to faint right in from of me. there's a huge grin painted across her face, and her whole body melts into my bean bag chair.