fight! fight! fight!

EDIT: i edited this chapter quite a bit because i decided i was no longer comfortable with all the content i originally published in it. i didn't change it completely, but i toned it down from what it previously was. if there are any out of context sounding comments, this is why. thank you for your patience <3

"honestly," asher starts, loading a suitcase into his car, "i'm not ready to go back to cold weather."

asher, jack, and i are getting our packing finished for our trip back home for the holidays. i'm riding with jack in his car, and asher is taking his car alone.

unfortunately, juliet won't be able to join us. her mom needs her for some kind of small christmas party thing at their other house in england.

she left yesterday, and you can tell just by looking at jack. he always gets this gloomy look in his eyes and his mind seems fogged up whenever he's gonna be away from jules for awhile.

the next time we see her, it'll be new year's eve, and then we're flying out for the wedding less than a week later.

and pip... i won't see pip until we get back from that.

"really? you don't get tired of this heat?" i ask, shutting the back door of jack's car after throwing a bag behind the passenger seat.

"sometimes, i guess" he shrugs. "but i came here to get away from the cold. i don't miss it one bit."

i walk over to asher's car where he's struggling to stuff his last bag in the trunk.

"god forbid the weather isn't perfectly synced with how asher wants it to be each day, right?" i snicker, to which he rolls his eyes. "what do you need all this luggage for anyways? you're gonna be heading back here on the 1st anyways."

asher finally gets his last bag in the trunk and slams it shut. "the twins took over the house since i left" he sighs. "theo stole my room, and oscar kept their old room. i doubt any of my old clothes are still under my name."

i nod slowly and make a long 'ahh' sound.

the twins are only a little younger than i am, 16, turning 17 soon. they were always complete opposites. theo is obnoxious and rowdy, while oscar is a lot more reserved and minds his business.

any time i went over to asher's with jack when we were younger, i'd end up chilling with oscar in the basement when i had enough of the other boys.

asher's mom used to babysit us a few days a week during the summer, so having oscar was a life saver.

"it's been awhile since i've seen them" i mumble, drawing a stick figure on asher's dewy car window with my finger.

"they can drive now, you know?" he chuckles, drawing another stick figure next to mine.

i yawn with a nod. "has theo gotten a ticket yet?"

"probably" he shrugs, connecting the hands of our stick figures and walking around to the driver side of the car. "i'll see you tomorrow, chica."

i turn around to see jack locking the front door and walking towards his car, which i take as my queue to send a smile to asher and go on my way.

"you know mom is gonna complain that you're showing up in your pajamas, right?" jack questions as he sits down behind the wheel next to me.

"i'm not traveling hours in a car wearing jeans and a nice shirt to see my family" i scoff, plugging my phone into the aux cord. "pajama pants and a hoodie will be how i'm making my big return."

jack starts up the car and pulls out of the driveway with asher following behind us. "that's right, this is your first time visiting since leaving for college, isn't it?"