date night

"I'm not stupid, you know."

fuck.

i sit up and dangle my legs off the side of the bed, nervously gripping on to the blanket.

"I don't know what you're talking about" i shrug.

"aria..." she smirks, "what happened last night?"

i don't think there's any way to get out of this.

who's pip gonna tell? she's been supporting this almost the whole time. maybe she'd be happy for me.

"well, when i was taking those... pictures," i start, looking at the sleeping juliet. She's drooling on my pillow, but i don't even mind. i've probably drooled on her a million times by now.  

i gulp and continue. "i forgot about my bag downstairs, so-"

i'm interrupted by pip's phone ringing, and we both jump.

"hold on, it's my mom" she sighs before answering the call.

"piper leigh!!" a mature voice yells from the speaker, "what on earth are you thinking?!"

damn. she brought out the middle name.

pip groans and starts walking out of my room. "mom, it's fine-" i hear her voice speak before the door is shut.

holy shit. i literally just got saved by pip's mom.

but that doesn't change the fact that pip probably has a solid idea of what happened last night. there's nothing i can do about that now.

my face softens as i look at juliet, who's still sound asleep. and she actually is; i can tell when she's fake sleeping.

my favorite instance of her pretending to sleep was when one day she promised me that if i let her take a nap, she would still be able to sleep at night. long story short, i went into jack's room at 12:30am to find her fake snoring with her phone still on flipped upside down in front of her face.

it makes me wonder how many times she's done that growing up.

quietly, i step out of bed and head towards my closet.

i pick up the pink lingerie pip had dropped back on the floor, and tuck it deep into my closet for me to never come across again.

getting rid of it would be a waste, but every time i see it i just get reminded of last night. the fact that that's what i wore, and who was the one to watch me take it off.

i'd think about him every time.

walking back out of my closet, my foot slips on the fuzzy shorts i had on this morning and i accidentally slam the door shut while attempting to catch myself.

i swear under my breath as i see juliet groggily fluttering her eyes open.

"are you okay?" she mumbles, sitting up and rubbing her eye.

"yeah... yeah, sorry" i say softly, "apparently i can't stop risking my life with every step i take in my own bedroom today."

juliet giggles and leans up against the head board, smiling over at me.

i walk over and roll onto the bed, laying on my stomach and hugging her waist.

"did you sleep good? until i woke you up, anyway?"

"i did" she nods. "you were in my dream, actually."

"really?" i grin, kicking my feet. "what was the dream about?"

juliet starts stroking my hair and laughs to herself. "we were both at the hair salon, and pip was the barber. she accidentally scorched our hair off with the bleach and, for some reason, made us pay extra for it."