birthday kisses

"i can't stand it here" pip complains to me.

pip facetimed me 15 times this morning until i eventually woke up, which she's pretty fucking bold for. she knows i'm not a morning person.

but i was supposed to wake up early today anyways, so i can't really say anything.

"pip, you're on vacation" i mumble with my eyes barely open. "aren't you supposed to be having fun?"

"whatever, i'll be there soon" pip groans, "i'm trying to talk to aria."

i think i now know why she can't stand it there.

pip has 4 siblings and she's the oldest. it's definitely because of her family.

"oh shit, sorry. i was calling to say happy birthday. am i the first one?"

i chuckle and roll onto my stomach. "thank you pippers, and no, you're not."

i almost forgot about the events of last night. good thing i was reminded the second i woke up.

"fuck! was it juliet?"

"asher."

pip angles her camera to face the ceiling, then brings it back to her face. "what do you mean asher said it first? you just woke up and you said you were going to bed early last night."

yeah. about that.

how do i even begin to explain.

what am i supposed to say? 'he said it at 12am right before we almost kissed'? 'he whispered it to me an inch away from my face'?

"we were up late from decorating the house."

pip quirks an eyebrow. "how late?"

"he said it at 12am" i admit.

technically i'm not lying. there's just more to the story. a story that should be told in person.

"you're telling me all of it when i get back" she huffs.

how the fuck did she know it wasn't the whole-

nevermind.

"deal. i should probably get up to get everything ready for tonight now" i say with a yawn.

pip nods, "have fun, call me if you hook up with anyone."

"fine, byeee pip" i smile before ending the call.

it's finally time.

maybe five more minutes though.

***

"drink bar?" i announce.

"check" jack responds.

"balloons?"

"we did them yesterday. check."

we did. i think this is driving me insane.

"party playlist?"

"check."

i sigh and slide my phone back into my pocket. "i think that's the end of the list. only thing missing is our outfits, so go get ready before the guests get here."

i kept my outfit hidden from juliet since i bought it. i think it'll be a nice surprise.

once i get into my room, i get my party outfit out of my closet and lock my door before getting changed.