unexpected guests

part 1/3

it's been a few days since the night i dyed pip's hair and i haven't seen her since, or juliet for that matter, so i invited the two of them to have a girl's night with me.

we're gonna go out to dinner first (the restaurant we eat at is yet to be determined), then just have a fun and chill night at my house. we don't have to worry about the guys or any stressors.

they might make me talk about asher anyways, but that's normal at this point. the bet is getting more serious as the days go by.

and of course i'm still taking it seriously too. ask anyone, i've always been the competitive type.

well, i'm competitive when it's actually worth my time.

i still don't know what i'm gonna wear so i think i'm gonna leave that up to juliet when she gets here. she always pulls through.

she said she was going to the gym before she pulls up but chances are she'll still get here before-

"what's good?"

my head jerks to my bedroom door to see a wild pip walking in. how the fuck did she... no, i don't ask questions anymore.

pip plops herself down into my bean bag chair and relaxes her arms behind her head, making herself comfortable.

"you're... early? who are you and what did you do with pip?" i question, squinting my eyes skeptically.

she chuckles and settles into her seat more. "evelyn was having a mental breakdown so i got amelie to help her and then snuck out before i got dragged into it."

yeah, this is definitely pip.

"oh," she starts, "i also need to give you this."

pip reaches beside her and pulls out a gift bag from her overnight bag. she holds it out to me and i hesitantly take it.

"the hell is this for?"

"your birthday is in a week, right? i'm gonna be away for a trip the whole week so i wanted to give you your present now instead of giving it to you late" she finishes with a bright smile.

i smile back warmly and begin taking the items out of the bag.

the first is a large bag of skittles. my favorite candy next to sour patch kids.

"aw, pip... how did you remember that my favorite can-"

"keep going!" she chastises.

i chuckle, shaking my head, and pull out the other item.

"you didn't..." i say just above a whisper, inspecting the gift.

pip responds with a cackle, leaning forward to look at the present with me.

literally a framed picture of herself. not a picture of us together, just a selfie of her.

"there's something else that goes with it" she adds. i look further into the bag and find one of those sticky hangers to stick to the wall to hang her picture up.

"where do you want me to put this?" i laugh, placing the picture beside me and setting the hook on top of it.

pip shrugs, "you can put it anywhere, but i recommend either right above your bed or in the kitchen right by the dinner table. or on the table, if you want a new centerpiece."

"i don't know how my roommates will feel about that" i giggle.

"well," she starts, standing up and stretching, "i cant imagine why asher would mind. he thinks i'm hot."