get on my lap

23 minutes.

jack told me he was almost here to pick me up from class 23 minutes ago.

yet here i am, standing by the curb, exactly where he told me to wait for him to get me.

asher
just abt to pull up chica, sry traffic is bad

asher? what the fuck happened to jack?

and just as he said, asher approaches me in his black jeep wrangler. i tiredly strut to the car and step inside, incredibly curious to hear why asher is picking me up.

"what the hell are you-"

"i can explain" he cuts off. i cross my arms and wait for his explanation. "jack forgot he made lunch reservations with juliet for today that were apparently really important and was gonna be super late if he picked you up. if you're gonna be mad at anyone, it isn't me this time."

i scoff, "i cant believe him. and no, i can't be mad at you at all for this" i admit, leaning my elbow on the windowsill. "if anything, i should be thanking you. or... jack, should be thanking you."

he looks over at me and sends a warm smile, and i send one back.

"but really," i start again, "you didn't have to do this. it was jack's responsibility."

"sure, but how would you have gotten home?" he questions logically.

he got me there. it would take way too long to walk back home, especially with how many people are walking through the city at this time of day.

"guess you're right" i mumble before reaching down for the aux cord and plugging it into my phone. i open up spotify and click shuffle on my playlist, not really caring what we listen to.

except this song.

~flo milli shit, bitch~

"fuck- i- no, i forgot this was on here. shit" i utter quickly, shuffling in my seat to pick my phone back up and unlock it.

asher looks over at me in amusement, raising his eyebrows with a cocky smile. fuck.

~i like cash and my hair to my ass~

i manage to change the song quickly, and thank god it's a normal fucking song. finally, i slouch down in my seat with a loud sigh of relief and drag my hands down my face.

"yeah?" asher smirks, eyeing me through his peripheral.

"just keep driving" i groan.

"yes ma'am" he nods, leaving us in silence.

for some reason, the sun is bright as shit today, so i sit up and steal asher's sun glasses from the ceiling compartment. i would use the sun visor, but it doesn't work for me because i'm too short for it to even shield my eyes.

"by the way, if you still wanted to go shopping today, we can. you'd just have to be fine with my friends coming along" asher mentions, closing up the compartment i left open. "today is the only day of the week all of them are available, which barely happens anymore, and since i told them i was planning on taking you to the plaza today, they decided they were gonna come along instead of hanging out without me."

i've never met his college friends before... they could be fun. it also might make it more bearable for asher, because he's never been the 'shopping trip' kind of person.

fuck it.

"yeah, that's fine with me. are they gonna meet us there?" i question, pushing the sun glasses up my nose.

asher shakes his head no. "something about the car ride being the fun part. they wanna just car pool there."

i nod, "oh, okay. who's driving?"