bet

i really like this chapter because it introduces the beginning of the plot hehe

"good morning sunshine!" i hear a familiar voice sing.

i open my eyes slightly to see a beaming juliet walking over to my curtains and opening them completely.

i groan and shove my head under my blanket.

"it's 1pm, lovey. i already tried to get jack up but he won't budge, so now it's your turn. i can make some tea if you want?"

that actually sounds really good right now.

i peak out from my blankets and eye her, watching her set an advil down on my night stand.

"if you really want to, then sure" i mumble. juliet hums happily and walks back out of my room.

i usually have a green tea every morning, but i don't make it until i manage to get out of bed no earlier than half an hour after i wake up.

what would i do without juliet?

i guess the least i can do is go downstairs and keep her company.

after fighting off my sleep for another couple minutes, i roll out of bed and-

i'm still wearing my party outfit from last night. god, i don't even remember getting into bed. how did i even get to bed?

juliet probably helped me. explains why she would be here before jack is even awake. but knowing juliet, she would have changed me out of this stupid outfit.

i step in front of my mirror and get a good look at myself. god i looked good in this. but of course i need to take it off, it still smells like alcohol and it's way too tight.

after i change into a t shirt and sweatpants, i brush my teeth and head downstairs. when i walk into the kitchen, i'm met with juliet pouring tea into a mug and asher eating a granola bar with his laptop in front of him.

"morning, lovey. i just finished your tea" she smiles, setting the mug down on the table. i nod and return the smile, walking over to asher and peering at his laptop screen.

"can i help you?" he deadpans, not removing his stare from the laptop.

i roll my eyes, "nice to see you too. watcha doin?"

he takes a bite of his granola bar and scrolls up on the screen. "just a paper for english" he muffles through his stuffed mouth. "how are you feeling?"

"my head is killing me, but other than that i'm decent."

he chuckles, "that's good to hear because you were well over fucked up last night. you know how difficult it was getting you in bed?"

so it was asher. that very much explains why i wasn't changed before going to bed.

"it couldn't have been as bad as jack" i reply before taking a sip of my tea.

"wasn't that bad, actually. i just dragged him to his room and he passed out as soon as he rolled into bed. you, however, were refusing to cooperate."

"how so?" i ask, furrowing my eye brows.

he chuckles, "you were telling me you can handle yourself and kept pushing me away, then proceeded to trip up the stairs. even better, you persistently tried to convince me you were fine with sleeping on the floor in the hallway. i literally had to drag you across the floor."

"sounds like me" i shrug, walking over to help juliet clean up.

she finishes up washing out the kettle in the sink before handing it to me to put in the dish washer.