apologies

somehow i managed to make it through last night. and today,

i woke up to my nose bleeding again.

i guess theo really threw that ball with intent.

i'm still mad at asher, by the way. a stupid kiss and a declaration of his concern for me doesn't change the fact that he fought my own fight for me after i already handled it.

'he needed more than a slap and a shove.' shut the fuck up, asher. men have nothing but the audacity.

i get that brothers fight. those two in specific threw hands with eachother all the time when i would go over there, it means nothing to them. but that doesn't mean i want to be involved in that.

asher also texted me this morning. he said-

wait. texts. fuck.

i jump up and run into jack's room to see him laying in bed with his phone up to his ear.

"did jules ever text you yesterday?" i ask quietly.

jack smiles and pulls the phone away from his ear, putting it on speaker.

"aria says hi" he says, still smiling.

"aria! i miss you!" i hear juliet's sweet voice sing from the phone.

i hither to jack's bed and take the phone from him. "hi! are you still coming round for new years?"

"i should be able to as long as my flight is on time!"

i tilt my head to the side and furrow my eyebrows. "thought your mom was sending you back on a private jet?"

"not anymore, apparently. she's staying in england until last minute before the wedding, and she refuses to send me on her private jet alone" she sighs.

"guess you'll just have to settle for first class" i sigh dramatically. we both laugh, then i hand the phone back to jack. "text me if you can, i'm gonna head out soon."

"where?" jack and juliet say in sync.

"asher's" i reply, exiting and shutting the door behind me.

back to what i was saying. asher texted me this morning to apologize.

he knows he fucked up. i didn't look him in the eyes once after putting my shoes on to leave.

asher
'i didn't mean to lose my shit as much as i did last night btw'
'u wanna stop by today quick? ig it would prob be better to say that in person' 11:17am

aria
'k' 11:22am

asher
'aria.'
'please' 11:22am

aria
'fine'
'20 mins' 11:25am

all i decided to change into for this was a pair of black leggings and an oversized sweatshirt i found on my floor when i was packing.

i have no reason to wear anything special.

once i have everything together, i yell through jack's door to him that i'm taking his car.

"whatever just don't crash" he yells back quickly.

and then, i'm off.

i haven't gotten to drive jack's car in awhile. i would drive mine, but it's way past due for inspection and no one ever took it in because i wasn't even gonna be home for months.

jack's car is that car. the car that everyone car pools in, the car everyone eats full course meals in, passes out drunk in, you name it. and he's more than happy to be the owner.