Thursday, October 26 Cont'd

MACI POV

I was sitting at the lunch table Jackie on my left, Levi on my right.  Britney, Sarah, and Erin were taking up the rest of the lunch table.  All of our stuff was spread out on the few empty spots as we fell deeper into a heated debate over an upcoming movie.  It was my and Levi's theory that all the good parts were played during the trailers so by the time you actually got to see the movie you basically had seen the majority of it hence not to bother spending the money.  Needless to say not everyone agreed with us. 

"Hey what are you and Greg doing this weekend?" I asked Jackie.

"I don't know yet." She said, turning her attention to me.  "Why?"

"Because I was thinking, you, Greg, Levi, Emma, me and Skylar should all do something." I tapped Levi on the leg to get his attention.  "It'd be fun, all of us hanging out together.  Don't you think?"

I looked between the two of them; they were looking at each other.  I suddenly felt like they were having a conversation I wasn't apart of. 

Finally Levi started to talk, "I'll have to talk to Emma."

"Yeah me too, I'll have to talk to Greg." Jackie's voice was quiet as she spoke. 

"Okay..." I said, glancing between them.  There was obviously something going on that I didn't know about it and whatever it was I wasn't sure I wanted to know.  "Well just think about it I guess."

"Maci?" I spun around on my seat at the sound of my name.  "Can...Could I talk to you?"

I looked at Levi, my heart pounding through my chest instantly.  Levi whispered "go" pushing me off my seat a little.  I stumbled to my feet, I felt so clumsy and awkward.  I followed behind Jared through the crowded lunchroom, down a hallway, and into another.  I had no idea where he was leading me but I was starting to find my voice again and I wanted to know why all of a sudden he wanted to talk.  Why didn't he want to talk that day?  Why'd he walk away?  And now why was he back?

"What did you want to talk about?" I finally asked, following in his wake. 

"Will you go somewhere with me?" He asked, ignoring my question.

"I am going somewhere with you right now aren't I?  I mean why else would I be following you through the school?" I watched his shirt shift across his back with every step he took. 

"Yes or no Maci?" He said.

I let out a sigh, "Yes Jared, when have I ever said no to you?"  He led me to a set of doors that led outside.  I was waiting for him to turn around or lead me down another hallway but as we got closer I knew that wasn't happening.  "Don't we need a slip or something?"

"Got it." He said, pulling out a little pink slip of paper.

"Another auto run?" I asked smiling.

He nodded his head, a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.  He leaned his back against the bar on the door, the metal clicking as it opened.  Jared held his hand out for me and I took it.  My skin erupting in goose bumps at his touch.  He pulled me through the opening, the door shutting with a loud click behind us.  There was no going back now, not that I wanted too.  I let him lead me to his car, our hands still intertwined. 

"I have a coat in my car." He said, pulling the door open.  I climbed in and waited for him to walk around after he closed the door.  It was such a small gesture but I found it absolutely adorable that he insisted on doing it.   

"So where are we going exactly." I asked as he pulled out of the parking lot.

He fished a black leather coat out of the backseat, placing it on my lap.  "So you stay warm."  He said, incase I didn't know what a coat was for.