Tuesday, September 26 Cont'd & Wednesday, September 27

LEVI POV

                "Alright well I'll see you at school tomorrow then?" I said as I walked Emma to her car. 

                "Yeah, thanks for having me over and everything."

                I held my arms open for a hug and she willing excepted.  "No problem, drive safe."

                "I will, goodnight."

                I leaned on the car door as she settled into the seat and started the car.  "Night."

                She smiled up at me as I gently closed the door to her car.  I waved one last time as she pulled away and into the darkness.  I shoved my hands in the pockets of my jeans and walked back into the house with my head down.  I had absolutely know I idea what I was doing.  In Florida I only had a handful of girlfriends and we ended up deciding to be friends.  I was never the guy who could get any girl I wanted.  When we found out we were moving to Michigan I made the decision that I was going to change that.  I always sort of envied the guys that could walk into a room full of girls and have them fawning over him in seconds.  This was all new territory for me. 

                I dropped like a heap onto my bed, kicking my shoes off.  I closed my eyes and rested my head in my hands.  I liked Emma, I guess.  Maybe it sounds cheesy especially coming from a guy but I wanted that feeling, that feeling where you can't get enough. 

                "Levi?" I grunted in response too lost in my thoughts to answer properly.

                The door opened and Maci closed it behind her.  I felt the bed sink next to me as she rested her head on my shoulder.

                "What's the matter?"

                "Nothing, just thinking." I mumbled into my hands.

                "You and Emma seemed like you got along well." I could hear the teasing tone in her voice.

                I shrugged my shoulders, "I just don't understand how guys can go from one girl to the next without feeling any sort of remorse.  I mean they can't like them all.  Emma's great but I don't know."

                "I think you're being silly, why do you want to be some ladies anyway?  You're too sweet for that."

                I leaned my head on Maci's, "I'm tired of the friend zone. Plus it's just be nice to know I can get any girl I want."

                "You can though, I mean you obviously like Jackie and she likes you back.  Plus it's not like the rest of the female student body hasn't noticed your presence."

                We sat in silence for a few minutes as I chewed over her words.  This is probably why neither of us ever dated, it was too damn complicated. 

                "Are we going to the dance together? Or did you want to go with that guy?" I asked.

                "That guy?  As in Skylar?" She laughed, "I don't know really.  What do you want to do?"

                I shrugged my shoulders, "I think Emma was trying to ask me today."

                "Really?  What did you say?" Maci's eyes lit up as she pulled away to look at me.

                "I told her we normally go together." 

                Silence settled in once again as we both thought.  Currently I felt like we were both in the middle of some very confusing love situations.  Maci had Skylar and there was no doubt that Jared liked her too.  I had the ever obnoxious Bailey, a crush on Jackie, and then Emma whatever she was.