Sunday, November 26

The best part about actually updating in a reasonable fashion and by reasonable I mean I'm rocking this crap is that you all keep commenting and it makes my day. You're pretty cool. ENJOY! -DBR

LEVI POV

"Hey son." My dad said, knocking on my doorframe. "Mind if I come in."

"Sure." I shoved myself up into a seated position. My fingers still moving at hyper speed as I played a video game.

My grandparents had left about an hour ago, allowing me to reclaim my room. The house seemed unusually quiet with just the four us again. My dad took a seat on my bed, looking at the game on my TV.

"What game is this?" He asked.

"Halo 5." I answered.

"Is it a two player game?"

I nodded, not really sure where this visit was going. I couldn't remember the last time my dad had asked to play video games with me.  He was always so busy.

"Did you want to play?" I asked a little hesitantly.

He looked over at me, the smallest of smiles on his face. "Yeah, I do."

Grabbed a controller, linking it to my Xbox and quit my game.  Who cared if I was dropping out of a game on Xbox live? My team would just have to survive.

"We can just do the campaign on easy." I said.

"What's the campaign?" My dad asked, leaning back against my head board next to me.

"Like the story. There's missions and stuff."  I shrugged. "You'll like it."

My dad was decent at video games but he was by no standards ready for any online gameplay. The people on there could be savages.

The campaign started, the opening movie capturing both our attention. My dad asked a few questions about the storyline and previous games as I walked him through the controls and the tutorial.

"Alright I'm good. Let's do this." He said.

We navigated our characters through the rest of the tutorial and into the first chapter . As the game got more intense so did my dad. He had adjusted himself so he was sitting cross legged, his arms braced on his legs and his grip so tight on my controller his knuckles were white. I was still kicked back against my headboard, taking it one bad guy at a time.

"So I wanted to talk to you about something." My dad said, twisting the controller in his hand like it would help him avoid something in the game.

"Okay.." I trailed off waiting for him to finish.

He let out a sigh, causing me to look at him. He looked tense but I knew it wasn't from the video game. Video games weren't something that put stress lines as deep as the Grand Canyon in my dads face.

"Jenny booked a flight the week before Christmas." He said.

My mouth dropped and my hands went slack around my controller.

"I can't really stop her from coming and I don't want to if its what you and Maci want. She's staying in a hotel in town. She didn't give me a departure date either." He looked at me, both of us ignoring our characters mid attack. "I've been talking to Maci's doctor. He thinks the best option for her is a bone marrow transplant. She has an appointment tomorrow to start the whole process."

"What's the process?" I asked, my voice coming out nothing louder than a whisper.

"They have to find a donor, and then once that happens she'll have to do a total body irridation to try and weaken the cancer. That's the conditioning, he said it's about a week. And then the transplant." My dad explained. "I didn't tell Maci I had already consented to it. The original appointment was just to explain it all and see what she wanted to do." He let out a sigh. "Do you think she'll be pissed I made the decision without her?"