Tuesday, September 4

MACI POV
It was Tuesday morning, and I sat in the middle of my walk-in closet.  I had no idea what to wear.  My hair was up in a towel so it wouldn't drip down my back as I stared at my endless amount of options.  I groaned in defeat deciding on something safe.  I slid into a pair of skinny jeans, a white  t-shirt with colorful feathers on it and a pair of black and white polka-dot Keds.  I put on the small amount of make up I normally wore and swung my bag onto my shoulder.  I walked downstairs into the kitchen where Levi sat sleepily, his head in his hand as he shoved a waffle in his mouth.  I ruffled his messy brown hair, taking a seat beside him as my mom handed me a plate.  Tracy had always been adamant about us eating breakfast every morning, 'it is the most important meal' she'd always say when we protested.

                  "You guys need to leave in ten, so eat up." She said washing the rest of the morning's dishes before exiting the kitchen.

                  "You ready?" Levi mumbled pushing himself up from the table minutes later.

                  I shook my head no, but my legs ignored me as I followed Levi out to our SUV.  I threw my bag in the backseat, slumping down in the passenger's seat as he pulled out of the driveway.

                  "I hope I have some classes with you." I mumbled, staring out the window as the sun crept over the trees.  I had to admit Michigan was really beautiful.

                  "I'm sure we will, don't worry." Levi said shooting a reassuring glance my way as he pulled into the parking lot of our new school. 

                  It was already hopping with students, a mass of bodies gathered around what I presumed to be the entrance.  Levi parked his car, grabbing both our bags from the backseat before locking his doors.  I fell in step beside him as he handed me my bag and we made our way through the blockade of teenagers.  I linked my finger through his belt loop on his jeans, something I had down since I could remember so I wouldn't lose him.  People moved out of his way much quicker then they did my own considering he was over 6ft and I was only 5'6".  He shoved open the door the ac whipping at my bare arms; I should have brought a coat.  I released my hold on Levi's belt loop, quickening my pace to keep up with him.  He headed straight for the office, avoiding a few stray students in the hallway.  We both came to halt in front of a large desk, two secretaries running around frantically trying to please the swarm of students and parents in front of them. 

                  "This is going to take a while." Levi muttered shifting his weight to one foot as he crossed his arms in front of his chest. 

                  Twenty minutes later we emerged from the office, schedules in hand.  Levi and I only had one class together, fourth period, at least that meant we'd have lunch together.  I wouldn't have to sit alone or in the girl's bathroom. 

                  "We only have five minutes to find our class." I said slightly exasperated, I hated being late.

                  "It's fine; it's the first day of school.  They'll let us off."  Levi said skipping up the stairs to the third floor.  "Your class should be just down the hall....this way."  He said, looking from the schedule to the door numbers.

                  "You really don't have to walk me all the way there.  I think I can manage on my own." I let out a small chuckle as he peered at the door numbers.

                  He came to an abrupt stop in front of room 312, "Here we go.  I'll come find you after class okay?"  I nodded knowing all to well he would do whatever he wanted regardless of my opinion.  "Alright, I love you."