Wednesday, November 29

Were you all sweating because it took me a day to upload? Not to worry I'm still here! And still writing like CRAZY!

I just have to say I feel really bad for everyone who had to read this story pre-edit and pre-motivation. I'm amazed at how many spelling and grammar mistakes I make while writing. It must have also sucked to have to wait an eternity for updates.

Random bit of information: went for a run yesterday morning and tonight. I'm pretty sure my legs and feet are going to cut themselves off and run away. What the f was I thinking? I wasn't, that's what.

Anyway ENJOY! -DBR

LEVI POV

I stared at the clock in my first hour. I was ready for class to end before I had sat down 45 minutes earlier. Maci hadn't come to school, she had less and less energy each day that passed. I had stayed up watching a movie with her in her room the night before even though she had fallen asleep shortly after it had started. I fussed with the beanie on my head. It drove me nuts and made my head itch but without it, it felt like my skin was going to freeze off. That and I was crazy self conscious of my ears now.

I glanced over, feeling eyes staring at me. I knew it was Emma, our seats were a few rows apart and I often caught her trying to get me to look at her by staring me down. I smiled, giving her a wink. I had been late to school and wound up running to class just before passing time was over. Which meant we hadn't had time to talk or kiss beforehand. Emma smiled back, my breath catching in my throat ever so slightly. She was perfect.

When the end of class bell rang, I shot out of my seat. My sole intention to go over to Emma and kiss the crap out of her. I took a step in her direction before I heard my name.

"Hey Levi?"

I spun around coming face to face with Greg. He hadn't acknowledged me in days going on weeks. I was just starting to get used to the fact that I probably would have to find a new friend.

"Hey." I said, trying to keep myself calm.

"Got a minute?" He asked.

I looked back at Emma who was collecting her books off her desk. She glanced up, her eyes dancing from me to Greg. She nodded her head, blowing me a kiss. I couldn't stop the smile that crept across my face. I turned back to Greg, I'd catch up with Emma at some point today even if it killed me.

"Yeah, what's up?"

I fell into step beside him as we made our way out of class and down the hallway. I wished I could say that there wasn't any tension. That all the dumb shit I did magically disappeared and Greg and I were buddies again, but it hadn't. The tension was so thick between us I needed a pair of scissors just to take a step.

"You shaved your head." Greg pointed out.

"Yes I did."

"So did Maci."

Was it point out the obvious day? If it was I had missed the memo.

"Yes she did." I said.

"She okay? She hasn't been in school all week." Greg asked, his eyes were down watching his shoes.

I shrugged, she was sort of okay. "Yeah, she was just tired."

"Are you okay?"

My eyes shot to Greg. He had looked up at me at some point and our eyes locked. I wasn't sure if he was asking because he was just nice or if he was asking because he was still my friend.  Either way it was the last thing I had expected him to ask.