28

"Phoebe, there's no way to save him." Brandon says. I fell to the ground next to Hallen's head, placing it on my lap.
"It's okay." I say, tears swelling in my eyes, "it'll be okay."
Hallen coughed up some blood, "You guys... Have to win."
Brandon nodded, his eyes didn't leave Hallen's face.
"Phoebe, your the best friend I have ever had, we haven't know eachother long but I feel like I've known you for a life time. Win. Brandon, take care of her." Hallen speaks.
"Hallen." I choke out through tears.
Hallen smiled at me before his bright eyes turned dark and his smile went limp.
Hallen had died.
"Oh my god" I cried, Brandon wrapped his arms around me and we just sat there on the ground, holding eachother.
"Phoebe." Brandon said, "we have to leave, we have to go back."
I nod and untangle myself from him.
"Do we grab their stuff?" I ask.
"Would be a good idea. Hallen's stuff is our stuff anyway" Brandon says "I'll get the girl's stuff."
"No, no. I will." I say.
"You sure?"
"Yes."
I made my way over to the girls body, carefully I pushed her limp body onto her stomach and pulled her bag off her back. I also managed to unwrap her fingers from the bow. She had about 5 arrow left, so I took those as well.
"Your shirt." Brandon says as I meet up with him again.
I look down and see many blood stains all over my once white shirt. I was tempted to gag but I couldn't, I wouldn't let myself.
"Let's go." I sigh slinging a bag over my shoulder.
We walked back in silence, small rain drops fell from the sky and rolled down my face, I let them roll so they could hide my tears. We made our way back to camp, the sand had became wet and stuck to the bottom of my boots. My hair was sticking to my face and my nose had started running.
Alice and Melanie were already there.
"Where's Hallen?" Melanie asks, she catches glimpse of my shirt.
"Did you kill him?!" She yells
"No!" I yell back, "He was killed by the district 12 girl and I killed her!" Before I knew it I was crying.
"Melanie why the hell would you accuse her of that?" Brandon snaps.
"I just thought-" she starts but stops, "I'm sorry."
I groan, "so am I."
The camp turned to silence, all you could hear was the soft drops of rain.
"I'm soaked." I say changing the subject.
"Did you guys find anything?" Brandon asks slumping down against the tree.
"We split up but i found the careers camp." Alice says with a smirk, "I didn't say anything at the time but I overheard them talking about how they threatened to kill a tribute unless they killed someone in our group."
"What's the plan?" I ask.
"Plan?" Melanie replies.
"Yeah, you know. Taking down the careers?" I say.
"There's no plan because we're not doing it." Melanie says.
"They're picking us off!" I say raising my voice a bit, "they were just responsible for the death of a friend, an ally of ours! And because of that, that girl lost her life as well and if we don't do something, we're next. So get your head out of your ass and realize that this is The Hunger Games and we will die if we don't do anything."
"Okay." She says quietly.
Just then there was the sound of bells and a small parachute fell in front of us. I picked it up and opened it. It was a note.
"What is it?" Brandon asks.
"So the plan." I say.
"What about it?" Alice asks
I show them the small strip of paper.
"Night lock." I say my voice dripping with evil and revenge.