37

The first few parts of this update may be a little rushed and I apologize in advance for that but I just want to get this book finished and yeah haha.

The train slowly approached District 10, I held my breath as Richy prepped us to leave.
"Big smiles." He said pushing the corners of my lips up.
The train stopped and the doors opened. I sheilded my eyes from the bright sun.

***

Standing in front of us was everyone from District 10, waving a cheering. I catch a glimpse of my father and brother and smile brightly. Brandon grabs my hand and raises it into the air.
"Leanne is going to kill you." I mumble through a smile.
"Shh." He says.
As soon as we were told we could leave the stage I flew down the stairs into my brother and dad's arms.
"I missed you so much." I mumble through tears.
"Told you you'd make it." He said.
"I love you guys." I say.
"Come on lets go home." My dad suggests, "we have to start packing up to move into victor's village."
"So not looking forward to that." I laugh taking Toby's hand.

***
It had been a few hours and we had most the house packed into boxes. I had changed into a red flannel, a black shirt as well as pants and slippers. There was a knock at the door and my dad had gotten up to get it while Toby and I sat on the floor.
My dad came back, "It's for you." He said.
I got up and headed to the door to see Leanne
"

Leanne?" I ask.
"I wanted to say congratulations." She said, "but that's not why I'm here."
I quietly shut the door and stepped outside. It was a warm day, the sun was covered by a cloud at the moment and there was a slight breeze, it looked as if it was about to rain, but it was still beautiful.
"I'm cancelling the wedding." She says.
I choke, "what?"
"I saw the kiss," she adds, "I know Brandon loves you, not me."
"That's not true." I reply.
"He talks about you like you put stars in the sky Phoebe," she replies, "he's always been in love with you."
"I don't wan't to wreck a marriage." I whisper.
"You're not wrecking anything," she says, "Besides, I already told Brandon."
I was silent.
"You don't have to say anything." She says, "But you have my blessing." At that she gave me a hug and left.
I stood there, silent and still.
"Phoebe?" A voice says beside me.
I turn to see Brandon.
"Brandon, you have to marry Leanne." I say.
"I don't want to, I want to marry you." He says stepping towards me.
"Why?" I ask, "Why don't you? She's gorgeous and smart and nice and funny and you have so much in common. How do I compete? How am I better than her?"
"Yeah she is gorgeous, smart, nice, funny and whatever else you said and maybe I did love her at one point." He stepped closer and took my hands in his, "but she was never you."
"Brandon." I sigh.
"Phoebe," he says placing my face in his hands and tilting it up so I'm looking at him, "I love you." He said placing a kiss on my lips. At that moment it started raining. It was like something you would see in movies.
I had started crying and I didn't even know it.
"Why are you crying?" He laughs.
"I love you too." I sniffled.
"Marry me?" He asked getting down on one knee, "I don't have a ring, but you can have my heart."
"You're so weird." I say through tears.
"Is that a yes?" He asks opening his arms.
I throw myself into him and we fall to the ground in the rain.
I place a small kiss on his lips, "yes."

The End.