6

"Looks good." Brandon says sitting down. I nod in agreement looking over the food. There was roast beef layed out on our plates carefully, peas and carrots in a perfect circle on the side, potatoes and corn both placed perfectly, the cuttlery looked to be cautiously placed, our drinks had lemons in them and seemed to fizz. I had never seen food so perfect, I usually just eat anything thats placed in front of me no matter what the state, back home food is a rare occurrence. I sat across from Brandon, I watched as he carefully picked up his cup. He smelt it before taking a sip.

"It's soda." He says.

"Soda?" I ask, this was new to me i'd never heard of soda before.

"Its a fizzy type of drink," Brandon replies, "I've only ever had it once."

"Yes, only the capitol has it," Richy says, "I'm assume you've also had it, Dill. Since your a Victor and you can have capitol food."

"I have," Dill replies, "That's probably why Brandon has had it. Because his uncle is a victor as well."

Brandon nods, "Only once, my uncle didnt like it."

I remember George's games, his father was mayor before he was. He got reaped and they both cried, George cried a lot through out the games. He almost died 7 times, making it through each time however. I think his plan was to act week, final two came down and he went crazy and won. I was scared of him for at least a year after watching that a few years ago when I was 6. I got over that shortly.

"I've never had it." I say.

"Well." Brandon says pointing to my drink.

I pick it up and take a sip, the flavors dance on my tastebuds. The taste was amazing, being the girl I was who hadn't drank anything in days, I chugged it receiving a dirty look from Richy. I gave him a smirk in return.

An hour passed leaving Brandon and I sitting at the table, he had finished but insisted on waiting for me even when I told him to leave.

"Why are you waiting for me?" I ask, "I thought we weren't even friends."

Brandon looked up from the ground and into my eyes, his head shifted a bit.

"Remember when I kissed you?" He asks.

"No." I reply sticking my fork into my roast beef.

"We were at my mom and dads anniversary before the died, remember he wanted a big party and invited everyone he knew?" Brandon asks.

"I remember me running into the cake." I say.

"So you do remember? " He asks, his eyes looked to light up it a bit.

I shook my head, "Continue."

"Okay, well you were dancing with your dad, let me just say you did not know how to dance. But he had to go to the bathroom or something and you went and sat down." Brandon says.

"Oh I remember some of that, I was wearing my moms old red dress, we were probably 12 or 13 years old." I say.

"14." Brandon corrects me.

"Go on." I say.

"Well, my mom told me to go dance with you because you looked sad and I forcefully did. You were hesitant at first but finally allowed me to dance with you," Brandon says, "You kept stepping on my toes and kicking me in the knee and things like that, so I told you to just step left twice and right once and that kinda helped but you still tripped ever so often. Then I decided it would be fun to spin you and even though you told me not to I did and you went into the cake."

"Highlight of the night. " I reply.

"I slipped trying to grab you and I fell on top of you." Brandon laughs.

I snicker a bit before stuffing my mouth with potatoes.

"After we went outside by my uncles green house, the one with the water fountain because my mom wouldn't let us back in until we were clean," He says, "Then you were yelling at me for being stupid, then you pushed me in the fountain and i grabbed you and we both fell in. But we just sat there in silence, until be both burst out laughing. After that we grabbed some towels from a cupboard and looked at the stars."

"What does all this have to do with you kissing me?" I ask.

"Just wait, "He replies, "I saw the opportunity and I took it, then you freaked out and ran away."

"Oh now I remember, yeah you scared the crap out of me. I stayed away from you for a week." I reply laughing.

"Yeah, thanks a lot if it wasn't for that I would probably be with you not LeAnne."

My head shifted a bit as I stared at him.

"What?" I asked.

"Oh my god, I didn't mean that!" Brandon gasps.

I stare at him before we both start laughing.

"What happened to us?" I ask.

"I don't know." Brandon replies.

"Yeah you do, you suddenly got to 'cool' for me and left me hanging." I reply.

"Oh, sorry about that, I'm older now more mature." Brandon chuckles.

"Oh now are you?" I laugh.

"Are you done?" He asks childishly.

"Mature my butt," I reply, "But yes."

I get up from the chair and place my fork and knife on the plate.

"Where to?" I ask.

"My room?" Brandon asks.

"No let's go to my room." I whine.

"No, my room now." Brandon replies picking me up by the waist and throwing me over his shoulder.

I bang on his back and kick my feet to no success.

"Brandon!" I hear Richy say.

"Richy my saviour!" I exclaim.

"She's falling." Richy replies.

"Oh thanks." Brandon says pulling me up more.

"I hate you." I say towards both of them.

Brandon opens his door and throws me on the couch. He lays down on his bed after.

"Brandon?" I ask yawning.

"Hm? " He replies.

"I'm tired." I say.

"Go to bed then." He says.

I let out a yawn before my eyes started to grow heavy and finally I drifted off into a deep sleep.