31

This story is coming to an end soon :'( but once it ends I will continue my The hunger games - second quarter.
"I just want to get out of here. I want to see my family again." I groan.
"You will Phoebe." Brandon replies.
I stare up at him, his hair was messy and his eyes were darker then usual. He had a huge cut on across his nose that was covered in dried up blood, but it didn't seem to bother him much. I took in all of his features on his face. Brandon was a very handsome man. Every second in the games with him made me realize how much I actually missed him, how I missed us. What we used to be.
"How long are you going to stare at me?" He asks.
"Huh? Oh uhm," I stutter, "I'm done." I say quietly.
He chuckles. That's what I liked about Brandon, he didn't ever like to stay sad. He always found a way to make himself laugh after a bad situation.
"We should find a place to sleep." I say, "its getting late."
"Let's stay out of the forest." Brandon says.
"Deal." I reply.
The sun had started to set and the sky was getting dark. We wondered around until we came back to our old camp.
"It wouldn't hurt to crash here for tonight." Brandon says.
When I looked at the camp I saw Hallen sharpening the weapons, I saw Melanie singing softly, I saw Alice drawing in the dirt. They all looked happy in some way.
"Yeah." I say.
"We're sleeping in the tree I'm guessing." Brandon says.
"No. I want to sleep on the ground today." I say.
We grab our sleeping bags from our packs and set them up beside each other at the base of the tree.
"How's your nose?" I ask getting into my sleeping bag.
"It's fine." He says.
"That's good." I say.
"Phoebe?"
"Yeah."
"What do you miss most about home?"
"My family." I say.
"Besides that."
"I miss a lot of things about home." I say, "what about you?"
"Not to sure." He says "everything."
I open my mouth to speak but stop once we hear the anthem start to play. Nicky's face was first to show, then Rucker, then Alice and then Melanie. I silently hoped Lightning's face would've shown up as well but it didn't. 5 tributes left.
The anthem faded and when it did it left silence. The sky had gotten really dark and stars had started to make their appearances in the sky. The sounds of animals were the only sounds that I could hear. I close my eyes and try to sleep.
"Phoebe." Brandon whisper.
"Hmm?"
"I'm cold." He says, "can we share our sleeping bags?"
"Whatever." I reply.
Brandon make his way over to me and slips into my sleeping bag with me then covers us with his.
"Perfect." He says.
My eyes were remained closed, though I could tell our faces were close.
"Phoebe." He whispers.
"Yes Brandon." I reply quietly.
"Open your eyes." He says.
My eyes flutter open and I see how close we actually are. Our noses are practically touching, his eyes are staring directly into mine.
"They aren't poop color." He says, "they're like emeralds."
I stay silent.
"Phoebe. I want you to win." He says.
"Brandon, we will." I reply.
"No I mean, if I don't make it." He says.
"Brandon, get this through your thick skull okay? We're a team, if you fall so do I." I say, "I'm not winning this without you. You're my best friend"
Suddenly I felt warmth against my lips. It took me a few seconds to recognize what was going on. He was kissing me. He pulled away and looked at me.
"A team." He said before pulling me closer to him.
And in that moment, we weren't in The Hunger Games. We weren't tributes, we were just people. As he held me close, I could feel is heart beating inside his chest and I wondered if maybe he could feel my racing heart. He placed a kiss against my forehead and that's when I realized, I loved him. I, Phoebe Willows is in love with Brandon Brown.