10

Okay Phoebe, you want to make up from your bed head experience, sponsers are key. I told myself.

"You seem out of place." Brandon says making me jump.

"How can you tell?" I ask not making eye contact.

"Your eyes." He says.

"What about them?" I ask smiling, still making not eye contact.

"When your happy, they're light green like the sea." He says.

"And when I'm mad?"

"They're dark green like poop." He laughs.

"My eyes do not look like poop!" I exclaim slapping his arm.

The ding of the elevator meaning we had had arrived at the floor Dolly told us to go to.

"They're more like a seaweed color. " He says as we begin to walk.

"Over here!" I hear Dolly call. We see her standing infront of a chariot with a big number 10 on it. Two brown horses wrre stood infront of it.

"Your late." Dolly says.

"Sorry about that." Brandon replies.

"The elevator took forever to arrive." I add. Lies. The real reason was because we were mocking the capitol citizens and then realized what time it is.

"Now, I want you to stand there and look strong, smile and wave. Both of you have gorgeous eyes and I made sure that they would stand out-" Dolly says I tune out the rest and focus my attention on the boy staring at me.

He had dark brown hair and was wearing what looked to be electrical fence. His eyes looked like death themselves, I'd hate to be on the other side of them when he kills you. He looked tough, he probably was but so was I. I stared at him right back, probably not making myself look as scary as he did because my eyes always look joyful and happy but I made sure it wasnt me who looked away first.

"Phoebe are you listening. " Dolly asks

"Yeah." I reply still staring at the boy.

Dolly looks over and the boy looks away. My eyes then shift away from the boy.

"What were you doing?" She asks.

"Staring down my competition. " I reply.

"Don't get involved with that boy." Dolly states.

"Why not?" Brandon asks.

"Because, his stylist told me all about him," Dolly says, "He's from district 3 and bad news. Out of all her years as a stylist at the capitol he has been the most scariest tribute she's ever met."

"Oh." I say simply.

"He was giving you the death stare." Brandon says.

"Stay away, and do not show him your skills." She says.

I look around at the other tributes, District 1 was dressed in diamonds from head to toe. District 2 were dressed as gods, District 4 was dressed as fish and were getting laughed at by the other tributes. District 7 stood out, they're costumes looked like tree roots the top was brown and stretched out to the bottom which was green and looked like grass. Although, I think it was the girl who made them stick out. She had long auburn hair that fell down on her shoulders and bounced when she laughed, she was a very pretty girl definitely someone to make sponsers.

"Sorry were late." Richy says smiling and walking up to us, Dill trailing behind him.

"It's fine, were about to start. Go wait in the crowd, i'll meet you there in a few minutes." Dolly says shoo'ing the boys away.

"Tributes, get in your chariots." A loud voice booms over the speakers.

"Okay, as I said just look strong, smile and wave," Dolly says helping me into the chariot, "I'll meet you back here when its over."

I watch as Dolly leaves.

"Smile and Wave." Brandon says to himself.

"Smile and Wave." I repeat.

"Yep."

"Yep."

We waited about fifteen minutes until the voice returned.

"Tributes, the parade starts now. " It said.

The horses began to jog, following the horse infront of it.

A bright light blinded my vision temporarily, then I heard the screams of the capitol.