32

I woke up early, the sun was bright and warm. It made me uncomfortable, and sticky. I scrambled out of the sleeping bag Brandon and I had been sharing and sit down on a tree stump. He was still asleep. I watched his chest rise and fall, he looked so innocent, naïve even.

"They're not going to think you're weird Phoebe." Brandon says, it was the first day of highschool. I was dressed in my dad's old flannel, black jeans with holes in the knee, and my old boots I got from a trade, my hair was also in a ponytail. You could tell my class because of my outfit, while other girls had fancy dresses, shoes and bows, I had hand-me-downs. Brandon wore a blue shirt dress shirt and pants. His hair, always the same.
I shrug and mumble, "I doubt it."
"Come on." He says taking my hand and walking into the school. Everyone immediately notices him.
"Brandon!"
"Oh my god, Brandon!"
"Brandon its me!"
"Brandon, look at my new dress!"
"Brandon what are your classes?"
He had let go of my hand and was being surrounded by people. It was like something you would see in those stupid movies.
"Brandon." I mumble. Slowly I back off and head to my first class. How could he just forget about me like that? It was literally seconds. I guess I'm just that low on his priority list.
School went on like that, girls flirted with him back and forth, the boys envied him. It's not like he changed much or even at all in the 2 months we weren't in school. But maybe he did and I didn't notice.
"Phoebe! Hey!" Brandon calls running after me. I hug my books close to my chest as he approaches me.
"What?" I snap.
He looks taken aback, but continues to speak, "I was going to wait for you after last class to walk you home but Leanne wanted me to get her hair out of her earing."
"Whatever you say Brandon." I reply walking past him. He grabs my arm and my books fall out of my hands.
"What is your problem?!" He almost yells.
"For one my damn book are on the ground now!" I yell, "And you seriously don't know?"
"No, Phoebe! I'm not a damn mind reader!" He yells back.
"You're so full of yourself." I say picking up my books and leaving him.
"And what are you? No wonder why you have no friends, because you're a bitch and push away everyone!"
I stop in my tracks and walk back up to him.
"I'd rather have no friends then be surrounded by fake people who only like me because of my money." I say, my voice sounded evil, almost snaktowards
Brandon stood there speechless, he pondered for words.
I turn around again and walk towards my house, without looking back.

"What are you thinking about?" Brandon asks interrupting me from my flashback.
"Oh, nothing." I reply.
"Poop eyes." He whispers.
"Shut up," I laugh, "my eyes have been poop eyes since we started The Games."
Brandon grabs a backpack and takes out some dry fruit from it. He hands me some, I take it.
"How much food left?" I ask.
"Enough to last us 2 days." He says.
"The games should be over by then anyway." I mumble eating the fruit.
"Who's left?"
"Us, Lightning, Klinton, and Lilly."
"5 left" He sighs.
"What are the plans for today?" I ask.
Brandon shrugs, "don't know."
"Lay low?" I suggest.
"Will the capital like that?" He asks with a small chuckle.
"Probably not." I reply.
"They're probably going to drive us all together soon." He says.
"Be prepared then." I say.

Short update but it was basically just a filler, another one is coming soon!