25

The sky had grown dark and the anthem started to play. No ones face showed up. When the anthem was over Melanie stood up.

"So. Sleeping arrangements." She says.

"I don't know about you but I'm sleeping in a tree." I say.

"I'm with Phoebe on that one." Hallen says. "Well, I'm staying here." Melanie says.

"I'll join Hallen and.. Phoebe right?" Alice asks. I nod.

"I'll stay here with you Melanie." Brandon says.

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"Phoebe, I'll be fine." He says.

We all stare at Melanie's partner, waiting for his answer. When he doesn't reply I grab my bag and head up the tree. Alice and Hallen following behind. I find a fork in the tree and set up my sleeping back. I tied the rope around the tree and my waist, place my bag on a branch and close my eyes.

My mind starts to wander though, my mother was killed by an 'alliance' member, that district 7 boy isn't even alligned with us, he could kill Brandon and Melanie if he wanted. I decide not to go to sleep, I'll watch District 7. He doesn't fall asleep at first, instead he sharpens a stick with his knife. When he does go to sleep I finally decide to doze off.
Morning had already struck when I woke up. Everyone was eating. I grab my bag off the branch and untie myself, slowly I climb down from the tree.
"Hey Phoebs." Hallen says. My eyes trail to Brandon immediately, he had called me that. He looked at me too.
"Hey." I reply, my eyes going back to Hallen. I sit down next to him and open my bag, I pull out some dried fruit I had in my bag and eat it. Once everyone had finished we all just sat in silence.
"Well, as fun as this is I think I'm gonna leave." The boy from 7 says, "I'm better off alone anyways."
No one said anything. He continued to pack up his stuff and leave.
"Well." I say. We all just stayed silent.
"I think I should follow him." Melanie says, "Phoebe you should come with."
"Why?" I ask.
"Why not?" She replies.
I stared at her for a few seconds before nodding my head. I grab my weapons and we head out in the same direction as her partner.
"So where do you think he went?" Melanie asks after a few minutes if walking. We were down by the stream.
I shrug, "I don't know."
"Well, guess we'll keep walking." She says.
"The footprints." I say stopping.
"What?" She asks.
I point to some foot prints left in the damp ground, "There's a good chance these are his, let's follow them and find out."
"What if they're not his?" She asks.
"Then they better hope they find us first." I reply following the foot prints.
Sorry for no updates I've been super busy Ahaha and also sorry for this short and boring chapter, things will pick up soon :)