15

I stayed away from the careers after lunch, i stayed away from the weapons at that. If they thought i was a threat and they wanted to kill me they would need to know my skills so they can find away around them, i won't let them do that, i won't let them have that kind of advantage over me. Instead i stayed at the survival station with Hallen while Brandon went to flirt with Melanie.

"How did you meet Melanie? " I ask Hallen.

He stays silent for a bit as he finishes his knot.

"She talked to me during training this morning, she's tough. Good thing for me if we become allies." He replies.

"How is that good for you, she could kill you whenever." I reply.

"So could you." He says.

"True i guess." I reply.

We went into silence. I focused my attention on the fire i was trying to make.

"Its good for me because i'm not well." He says breaking the silence.

"What do you mean not well? " i ask.

"I'm sick," he says, "my family didn't cafe though they said we needed the tesserae and i had to put my name in."

"And you got reaped." I say.

"Yep." He replies.

"How many times was your name in?" I ask, Hallen looks at me. "You dont have to tell me." I add.

"17." He says looking at me straight in the eyes.

"17?" I ask.

Hallen nods, "what about you Ms. Willows?"

"17" I reply.

"I guess we have something in common." He chuckles.

I laugh a little, its a real laugh not a fake one though.

"Look." He says pointing at my fire. I look down to see a small fire forming.

"I did it." I say smiling.

"Congrats, now help me with these knots." Hallen says.

I start to help him with the knots and they're quite easy.

"You have the same last name as Lauren Willows from the 50th Hunger Games." Hallen says.

"I know," i say, "she was my mom."

"Legit?" Hallen asks looking astonished.

"Yep, she volunteered for her sister after i was born and she died." I say tying a knot.

"Im sorry." He says.

"No, its fine it's not your fault," i say, "i'll probably get asked about it during the interviews anyways."

"Most likely." He replies.

"Thats the last knot." I say tying up a knot.

"Wanna work on climbing, your small you could use it as an advantage." Hallen says.

"Sure." I reply, we get up and head to thr climbing station. There stands a fake tree. Melanie and Brandon are at the top of this tree.

"Fancy seeing you here. " Melanie calls.

"Hi Phoebe." Brandon says, i can't exactly see him but i know hes smiling.

"Were coming up." Hallen calls. I hear shuffling in the tree until Melanie says something.

"Kay." She calls.

"Ladies first." Hallen smirks.

I place my foot on a sturdy branch and make my way up the tree. Once im at the top i sit on a branch across from Brandon.

Hallen is up shortly.

"What are you guys doing?" He asks.

"Watching the careers," Melanie replies, "finding out their secrets."

"Sneaky, i like it." I reply. I climb up another branch and stare at the careers.

Is see Nicky throw knives at the targets, every knife she throws she gets better. Janice is using a bow, she's really good at it. Gerard is helping Rucker at the axe station, Rucker is failing miserably at it while Gerard is actually really amazing at it.

Then there was this small blonde girl at the career survival station, she was making traps. She had to be a career because no other tribute would go to the career survival station.

Then there was my dear old friend, Klinton. He was at the spear station. I clamped my teeth together as i watched him throw spears at the dummy. Each of them hit the middle, each of them going half way into the dummy. Then there was one that went completely through and hit the wall behind it.

"I want him dead." I growl.

"Who?" Brandon asks.

"Klinton. " I reply.

"As he does you." Melanie says.

I look at her.

"Then a war it will be." I smirk.