18

Today was the last day I'd be at the capitol, the last day I'd sleep in a bed, the last time I'd eat capitol food. Because tomorrow morning I'd be send off to an arena to die.

"Phoebe time to get up." I hear Dill at my door say. Lately he's suprised me, he gave Brandon and I advice late last night and he danced with Richy. I see potential in him and I think he sees a lot in us.

"Okay." I manage to groan. I roll off my bed and tie my hair up in a ponytail. I was to wear what I wore when I entered the capitol . I pushed my door open and my prep team dragged me to Dolly.

I was given a dress and shoes and was told to try them on.

"Now Phoebe, this isn't your actual dress just something similar to see how you look." Dolly says when I get out.

"Looks like it'll look perfect." She says.

I changed back into my previous outfit and went back upstairs to get help from Richy. Brandon was already there, he was learning how to talk to the capitol at the moment. I watched from the door.

"Now Brandon how is life back home?" Richy asked.

Brandon let out a laugh that received a wink and a thumbs up from Richy.

"It's alright, could be better but I'm loving the capitol." He replies.

"Could be better." I say mimicking him as I walk into the room.

"Very funny Phoebe." Brandon laughs sarcastically.

"What is this?" Richy asks pointing at my clothes with a disgusted look.

I looked down at myself.

"Is there stuff in my teeth?" I ask.

"Your outfit," He scowls, "I'm sure you'll be wearing a dress, change into a dress."

"I don't have a dress." I reply.

"Don't worry," Richy says, "Adrienne!" He calls.

The same avox I saw last night runs up to Richy, her head facing down at her feet but I still knew she was looking at me. Brandon and I look at eachother, completely shocked.

"Dress now please." Richy says.

She nodded and scurried off, returning with a black peice of clothing and gave it to me. Then the avox looked up.

"Adrienne." I whispered.

She reached out and touched my face, telling me she was sorry.

I wanted to hug her so bad but I couldn't, not when I was being watched.

She ran off after that.

Short chapter sorry guys but just so you know there will be a lot more of Adrienne. Spoiler.